What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

A fabulous CD from a singer to watch…

2 Likes

My only very slight dissapointment with the stream; the old '58 Parlophone 10", as my childhood memory serves, had some amazing sonics, the musical sections and, without wanting to give a spoiler, the climax to the Men Of Shamrock in particular, really exploded out of the big Goodmans mono speaker.
The stream seems to reign in the dynamics, as I remember them, which lessens the impact a bit, still very funny though.
:heart:

1 Like

Rod Stewart - unplugged and Seated.

With Ronnie Wood.

14 Likes

Yes, really fond memories of sitting round that old McMichael valve radiogram, which my Dad still had up into the seventies until it finally went wherever deceased Radiograms go. Took a lot of persuading to get him to finally relent and get a new fangled (for him) Ferguson Studio 6 stereo! :joy:

Another favourite was Monty Python Live At Dury Lane from 1974, I posted it last weekend.
Talking of PC theres a few moments on that, that raises the eyebrows today.
:heart:

1 Like

Amy - OST

Just perfect.

12 Likes

There you go @Steve_S : back on the soap box!:sunglasses:

10 Likes

This is pretty out there. I love it! Vinyl, from Rhino’s excellent 2019 box set.

7 Likes

Beverly Glenn​-​Copeland - self titled album from 1970 - an artist still recording whose back catalogue has recently been rediscoved and reissued.

A bit of a Joni Mitchell / Tim Buckley groove.

6 Likes

Out there and far away.

1 Like

Indeed. Lovely album. Yesterday’s Guardian had an interview with Caroline Shaw & new music due from her this year, including a recently released album with singer Dawn Upshaw called Narrow Sea.

2 Likes

In the mood for some uplifting electronic music so Jon Hopkins, followed by Four Tet, fit the bill perfectly.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Now playing…

Robert Plant - Carry Fire

Robert Plant (Vocals), Justin Adams (Guitar, Oud), Liam “Skin” Tyson (Guitar), John Baggott (Keyboards), Billy Fuller (Bss Guitar), Dave Smith (Drums), Seth Lakeman (Viola, Fiddle), Redi Hasa (Cello) and Chrissie Hynde (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Robert and he is sounding mighty sweet! I have had not had this album out for a spin for awhile and forgot how much I enjoy it…

24 Likes

2019 Abbey Road remaster - Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis.

22 Likes

Made in Germany:

In the old days, when every sound increment counted, I used to look especially for ECMs made in Europe which tended to sound a little less bright than their American counterparts. It was also easy to identify them in the store when we could handle the merchandise before buying it.

Music is good, recommended to me by Adrian and HH. Fourth rotation.

3 Likes

Sorry about the late reply, but Mum had sent me to bed as it was way past my bedtime :sunglasses:

1 Like

Played this last night. Enjoyed it.

1 Like

No Clive I didn’t, by the time I had acquired the album I no longer had a pc with a cd drive. Quite a few cds with similar content met the same fate.

Good lad!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Texas - Southside, a promising debut, just a shame they morphed into something completely different as they progressed. Always enjoyed Sharleen’s vocals nevertheless.

15 Likes