What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

R.Dean Taylor. The essential collection. I can’t remember who recommended this collection by the great Tamla Motown singer songwriter producer from…er…Canada.
I thought some of the mixes were slightly different but good nevertheless.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Ayo - Royal

Ayo (Vocals), Freddy Koella (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Resonator Guitar), Denis Benarrosh (Drums), Laurent Vernerey (Electric Upright Bass), Gaël Rakotondrabe (Piano), Julia-Sarr (Vocals, Choir), Onane Zamati Vocals, Choir), Philippe Hammel (Harmonica), and Alexandre Leauthaud (Accordion, Bandoneon)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with Ayo’s ‘Royal’ album released January 31, 2020. A beautiful voice surrounded by some very talented musicians and they are sounding sublime! Love this album…

6 Likes

Georgia Mancio is a very fine jazz singer. Her albums are well worth seeking out.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Mitsubishi Uchido playing 2 of Schubert’s late, great piano sonatas. Sublime

7 Likes

Mitsuko Uchida. Bloody spell checker

6 Likes

Joe Jackson’s Jumpin’ Jive.

16 Likes

Enjoying this album, he seems on form and the Memphis sounds suits his vocals.

13 Likes

Keep coming back to this. Streaming whilst watching the footie (dull commentary muted - Hoddle brilliant footballer but second only to Shearer in the inane punditry stakes).

Especially good when they let rip - the drummer can sound like Anton Egar from Phronesis and the trumpet tone reminds me of Ibrahim Maalouf.

8 Likes

Continuing my session from last nite

Dire straits, same. Although I enjoy all their albums, I consider their debut the best. Something they share with Texas for me. Different level of accomplishment tho.

23 Likes

15 Likes

11 Likes

Now playing…

Georgia Mancio - Trapeze

Georgia Mancio (Vocals), Dave Ohm (Drums), Dave Green (Double Bass), Gareth Lockrane (Flute) and John Pearce (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… giving this album from Georgia a spin after @anon4489532 mentioned her above. Opening track is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album.

2 Likes

The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys
The Cure - Seventeen Second’s

Vinyl.

6 Likes

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

Spectacular sounds on her albums including this one. Waking the Witch amused me towards the end when the helicopter came in to land in the lounge! There are so many things happening on each track, but it works!

Phil

25 Likes

Ry Cooder - Chavez Ravine, no doubting there is some nice music on this album, but the concept still leaves me a bit cold.

10 Likes

Looks like you’ve had a great days listening, some cracking albums there @anon10403888 .

1 Like

Thanks, Slim. I had a great day and I am glad you’ve enjoyed some of the stuff I’ve played!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Kicking off a Thursday morning, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Dam the Torpedoes.

21 Likes

We met her at concert locally; she’s really nice and signed a CD for us. There are lots of much more bland singers who make it big, yet there are some great singers and interpreters who stay below the radar. Strange.

1 Like