What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

1st pass, will not manage totally, but great first impressions…

3 Likes

This is new on Qobuz?, but great fun and memories

15 Likes

Now playing…

Charles Tolliver - Connect

Charles Tolliver (Trumpet), Keith Brown (Piano), Jesse Davis (Alto Saxophone), Binker Golding (Tenor Saxophone), Lenny White (Drums) and Buster Williams (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention of Charles Tolliver above from @TheKevster had me place this four track album released this past July into the queue since the album mention was not available on Qobuz. Opening track ‘Blue Soul’ is sounding mighty fine and look forward to the rest of the album!

4 Likes

Superb 1960s Brit-jazz compilation, on vinyl:

5 Likes

Guru - Jazzmatazz.

As it says on the cover, ‘an experimental fusion of hip-hop and jazz’. It works very nicely.

9 Likes

Thanks for reminding me Graeme, think I will give this a spin. I’m loungin :+1:t3:

1 Like

Caught the end on FIP, so thought I’d listen to the rest.

19 Likes

ECM at its inventive best here. Such a good album and the piano sound is so good.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Susanne Abbuehl - The Gift

Susanne Abbuehl (Voice), Matthieu Michel (Flugelhorn), Wolfert Brederode (Piano, Indian Harmonium) and Olavi Louhivuori (Drums, Percussion)

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this morning with ‘The Gift’ with the sweet voice of Susanne and the music from this superb quartet in this 2013 release. Sounding mighty sweet …one very fine album.

2 Likes

Pre ordered Gazza , delayed till end March so good to give it a listen on my streaming service :+1:

1 Like

13 Likes

2 Likes

Having trouble with Asset again - lost all artists in the “S” section.
To keep me calm listening to Wendy playing Sonic Seasonings - soothing!

2 Likes

20 Likes

you aren’t her singing coach or promoter by any chance :grin:

That’s right, just slip a R2R tape in there while no-ones looking! ;0)

3 Likes

4 Likes

That’s a very fine album.

Crosby and Nash - Wind On The Water.

AKA Bittersweet On the Hallmark label as a European only release.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Susanne Abbuehl - April

Susanne Abbuehl (Voice), Wolfert Brederode (Piano, Harmonium, Melodica), Christof May (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet) and Samuel Rohrer (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobus (44.1/16)… continuing on into the afternoon with Susanne’s ‘April’ album released in 2001 and she is sounding sublime! …one fabulous voice and a very sweet album.

4 Likes