What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Interesting but maybe not entirely accurate Qobuz description? All those songs are on my original vinyl :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Leonard Cohen | Popular Problems | 2014
It’s been a little too long since listening to anything by “Jikan”, time to set that right.

14 Likes

It is referring to the songs being outtakes from previous albums, ones that did not make the album at the time they were recorded, and were then swept up later for Tattoo You (as I understand it and remember from the PR at the tube).

5 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks for explaining that DrDavid. I’ve just had a read up and it’s exactly as you described! As they say, you learn something new everyday! (I suppose 40 years on its a bit too late to ask for my money back? :rofl:)

1 Like

Vinyl. Fantastic compilation of 1960s Brit-jazz obscurities, inc Mike Gibbs, John surman, Jon Hiseman, Kenny Wheeler, Ron Matthewson, Chris Pyne, Alan Skidmore, Allan Holdsworth etc etc

4 Likes

Santana - Shape Shifter

7 Likes

44th Move - 44th Move - Black Acre Records (2020)

Alfa Mist and Australian drummer Richard Spaven come together under the 44th Move moniker on this self titled debut EP. Playing on Tidal as vinyl prices are now a bit silly hopefully a reissue will come out soon though.

I was intrigued by the name and the cover so looked it up probably known by you chess players but the 44th move was a move played in a chess match between Gary Kasparov and the IBM computer Deep Blue in 1996.

1 Like

Richard Spaven - Real Time

A collaboration with fellow Australian Jordan Rakei. Some top draw drumming on this record.

1 Like

Leonard Cohen | You Want It Darker | 2016

14 Likes

Why? Memories of great gigs at the Hammy Odeon. One of highlights of the 1980s.

steve

6 Likes

My bad… dire interpretation of something I had read 10 minutes earlier :weary:

The actual review “… maintains a sense of coherence …so it’s easy to forget it’s made up of recordings which didn’t make it onto their previous albums”.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Andy Lindquist - Blues Soul Groove:

1 Like

PJ Harvey

9 Likes

Sorry didn’t see your comment when I corrected my post, thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Bill Evans Peace Piece, lovely 1960 recording, Qobuz 44/16

8 Likes

Chris Carter’s Chemistry Lessons. Top-notch electronica from the former Throbbing Gristle synth wizard.

4 Likes

Bought the TB box. First LP first.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Ane Brun - After The Great Storm

Ane Brun (Bass, Drums, Vocals, Vocals), Jennie Abrahamsson (Synthesizer, Vocals), Olof Anderson (Strings), Nils Berg (Flute), Dan Berglund (Bass), Therese Börjesson (Vocals), Per Eklund (Drums, Percussion, Synthesizer), John Ericsson (Bass),Filip Graden (Strings), Jannika Gustafsson (Strings), Janne Hansson (Vocals), Martin Hederos (Keyboards, Piano, Strings, Synthesizer, Violin), Andreas Lavotha (Drums, Percussion, Strings), Anna Lund (Drums, Percussion), Henrik Naymark Meyers (Strings), Daniel Migdal (Strings), Anders Nilsson (Strings), Andreas Öberg (Strings), Linnéa Olsson (Vocals), Carolina Wallin Pérez (Vocals), Rikka Repo (Strings), Josefin Runsteen (Drums, Percussion), Samuel Starck (Keyboards, Piano, Strings, Synthesizer), Elle Kari Sander (Vocals)Amalie Stalheim (Strings), Anton Sundell (Strings, Vocals), Oscar Treitler (Strings), Ola Winkler (Drums, Percussion) and Ylvali Zilliacus (Strings).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Monday morning with One and taking her latest album released this past October for a spin for the first time. The opening track is sounding mighty fine and look forward to the rest of the album.

8 Likes