What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

After more classical a switch to jazz - this was enjoyable to

7 Likes

Leonard Cohen | Thanks for the Dance | 2019

In a posthumous new album, Leonard Cohen has robbed death of the last word. ‘Thanks for the Dance’ is not a commemorative collection of B sides and outtakes, but an unexpected harvest of new songs, exciting and vital, a continuation of the master’s final work.

“Seven months after his father passed, Adam Cohen retreated to a converted garage in his backyard down the street from Leonard’s house, to work with his father again, to stay in the company of his voice. From their previous collaboration on ‘You Want It Darker’ there remained bare musical sketches, at times little more than vocals. Leonard had asked his son to bring these works to completion.”

“In composing and arranging the music for his words, we chose his most characteristic musical signatures, in this way keeping him with us” - Adam Cohen

8 Likes

As recommended on this forum - arrived today and after a stinker of a day at work, and snow which I detest, this is just the ticket- cheers guys- a great album with fantastic SQ to boot

12 Likes

I was not in the mood for a weak recording, while the music might be great - it needs a different mood for me to appreciate

9 Likes

So switched to a ‘normal’ recording…

1 Like

Paul Weller Ft Krar Collective - Mother Ethiopa (No Tribe No Colour)
A wonderful 12" from a couple of years ago on Parlophone Records really nice sonics and beautifully pressed.

The other side featuring The Stone foundation is well worth a listen too.

2 Likes

Sometimes my list of new stuff to listen to gets it the way of old stuff.
So rummaging through my collection for something to listen to realised it had been a while since this had an outing.

Cowboy Junkies - Lay It Down

10 Likes

Pink Floyd. More. Listening to my edited version of the soundtrack to this wonderful film. This may not be their best album but it certainly contains some of their finest tracks.

15 Likes

16 Likes

Interesting back to back listening

1 Like

Elton John - Breaking Hearts, the reasonably decent follow up to the return to form that was Too Low For Zero, featuring the original EJ Band.

4 Likes

Been a while since i listened to this, still sounds good

13 Likes

Loving this at the moment. West Country girl does folky, country, Americana, Stevie Nicksy thing.

Hi-Res on Bandcamp.

5 Likes

Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker - Original Vinyl
I put this on, scrolled down and noticed Steve played it an hour ago. An amazing farewell album, dark songs of true poetry, sung with Len’s husky voice dragging every ounce of meaning out, powerful and beautiful.

9 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

No just the normal 2 LP July 68 recording ‘Dream Letter’ by Demon Records. It’s now re-released as a 3 LP that due to the length should be better. It’s a lovely album.

1 Like

2 Likes

Bob Dylan - Desire.

22 Likes

It’s strange but I now find myself avoiding the familiar narrative tracks:-Hurricane,Joey,Sara and enjoying more the songs I paid less attention to originally:-Mozambique, One more cup of coffee ,Black diamond bay. Isis is special of course.
Leonard Cohen tells a very funny story about Isis and Hallelujah but I’m too tired to relate it and anyway I’m sure you already know it :sunglasses:

2 Likes