What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Fink - Sunday Night Blues Club

6 Likes

Rolling Stones, Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) reissue, RSD edition released in 2019.

19 Likes

Can’t believe this is now over 40 years old - where does the time go? Anyway, I love this wonderfully inventive album as much now as when I first heard it all those years ago.

26 Likes

This is the first Takacs Quartet recording of the complete Bartok quartets with the original members of the group. Highly recommended! Listening to the 4th…

CD’s on Hungaroton

8 Likes

John Martyn - One World

The comfort of a favourite long-cherished vinyl record.

12 Likes

Ulrich Schnauss | A Strangely Isolated Place | 2003
He’s now with Tangerine Dream but up until that time a few years ago he was a fine exponent of electronic ambient music that has been described as ethereal.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Gary Burton (Vibes) and Chick Corea (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… opening up this Wednesday morning with this delightful duet and they are sounding mighty sweet! Some wonderful music to open up and ease into the day…

13 Likes

Norah Jones - come away with me

Nice music on an overcast day. Have not listened to this album in a while.

29 Likes

Something of a classic, which for some reason I never got around to buying. And now I have it; a birthday present from Mrs HH.

30 Likes

Lloyd Cole | Guesswork | 2019

8 Likes

The Faces - So good to be with you Live in London 1970.

8 Likes

6pm News on R4, where my NAT05 is telling me newsreader Chris Aldridge needs a cup of honey and lemon imo. And a couple of days off.

A firm favourite of mine, Kauan, Kaiho. Brilliantly produced atmospheric album from this Russian group, if you like Sigur Ros you’ll like this. Qobuz 44/24

5 Likes

Now playing…

Erkki-Sven Tüür - Lost Prayers

Erkki-Sven Tüür (Composer), Harry Traksmann (Violin), Florian Donderer (Violin), Leho Karin (Violoncello), Marrit Gerretz-Traksmann (Piano), Tanja Tetzlaff (Violoncello) and Signum Quartett

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with a this recent release, November 12th, from ECM New Series. I have played this album a few times now and it is sounding sublime! Love it and the music is relaxing and simply beautiful!

4 Likes

I hate to nit pick @Hollow because this is a metal band that I like a lot, particularly since their Sorni Nai album. These boys are Russian, the two founders Anton Belov and Alexander Borovykh were born and lived about 2,000 Kms East of Moscow.

1 Like

Vinyl – first play for this new purchase. Superb music, superb sound.

10 Likes

On CD

Tyrje Rypdal - QED

Why? For a change.

steve

1 Like

11 Likes

Lots of David being played by everyone including HH’s birthday present. So Changes2Bowie for me this evening

15 Likes

Little Steven and the Deciples of Soul - Macca to Mecca!

Reminds me of the tribute bands that toured the working men’s clubs in the seventies and eighties - “the Turn” as they where affectionately termed.
This is a pretty poor attempt at some good Beatles songs IMO.

4 Likes