What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Sade | Diamond Life | 1984
Surely no need to say why this great album is getting played again?

27 Likes

Indeed, very good. I was playing Belcea Quartet’s Bartok 1st String Quartet earlier today!

1 Like

Oh yes you’re right! I was mixing them up with Yagya, I wouldn’t consider them metal though, Sornai doesn’t really do it for me and it’s only available on Spotify for some reason, good stuff all the same

1 Like

Special one this. Today is our 25th wedding anniversary but with it being freezing cold, midweek and in lockdown, the options for celebrating are limited. All party plans postponed for later in the year but, instead, we have a few bottles of bubbles and are playing our songs.

This one, from Roberta Flack’s debut album is her version of a poem “Angelitos Negros” (Black Angels) by a distant relative of my wife: Andres Eloy Blanco, a Venezuelan poet and Foreign Minister in the 1940s.

A beautiful song from a beautiful album and special for Mrs D & me. We’d love to be out tonight celebrating with our kids but that will come. In the meantime music saves us.

11 Likes

Spurred on to play some Bowie from the posts above.

2020 6 track EP with reworkings of earlier material - sounding GOOD!

11 Likes

New…but long gone band from a friend who posts from his vinyl collection on facebook. Well Qobuz have a few…albums, welcome back to late 60/70,s rock.

8 Likes

They class themselves as metal although they are soft metal in any terms. You can get Sorni along with the rest of their albums over on bandcamp but I’m sure you know that already.

1 Like

That’s me settled for the evening…

Good book and this on in the background

Cowboy Junkies - Notes Falling Slow

4 disc box set Open : One Soul Now: At The End of Paths Taken : Extras, Outakes etc

6 Likes

Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns.

An outstanding work by Joni, ably assisted by Larry Carlton and Robben Ford.

26 Likes

Archie Shepp’s 1972 classic that runs the gamut from thunderous funk through soul jazz to strings with poetry and civil rights thrown in - all in 40 minutes! On Impulse vinyl reissue.

5 Likes

Israel Vibration. The same song.

We all going to jam the same jam. Jah Jah time has come.

4 Likes

Or lead guitar. Brilliant album Andy

1 Like

D Bowie - Low

An old friend reminded me recently how good this record is. He wasn’t wrong!

7 Likes

3 Likes

Some Chris Spedding for tonight…he has worked with some great musicians over the years.

7 Likes

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over, part studio and part live recordings from '94.

12 Likes

Yes a departure from the inclusion of a guitar god. But enjoyable nonetheless. I’m a big fan of the two guys in the band Mark-Almond.

2 Likes

Some more of this guy from the days of Elvis, Ricky Nelson and even Elvis Costello.

7 Likes

Very fine album from Estonian singer-songwriter:

3 Likes

Not high on the credometer, but very wonderful.

9 Likes