What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Computer Controlled Accoustic Instruments By Aphex Twin.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I have no idea what your playing, hope it’s good though. :wink:

Al Green Greatest Hits

13 Likes

Nothing at all wrong with a bit of Miss Lee :+1:

I’ve edited it, Pete. Music by RD James aka Aphex Twin.

1 Like

The Peter Malick Group featuring Norah Jones - New York City, a pleasant, if rather short album, featuring a pre-fame Norah.

10 Likes

Genesis - Wind and Wuthering

A record that predates my discovery of new wave. Probably unplayed since 1978! Teenage party flashbacks! Rather nice to hear it again.

9 Likes

After the relative calm of Cowboy Junkies, something a bit livelier

Reading the Best Live albums I was surprised and pleased to see this one at No.66. It was part of this classical clarinettists introduction to rock!

Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush - Live

3 Likes

Now playing…

Lisa Mills - The Triangle

Lisa Mills (Vocals, Guitar), Clayton Ivey (Keyboards), Bob Wray (Bass), John Willis (Electric Guitar), Fred Mollin (Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar), Justin Holder (drums, percussion), Lester Snell (Keyboards), Leroy Hodges (Bass), Michael Toles (Electric Guitar), Steve Potts (Drums, Percussion), Reverend Charles Hodges (Hammond B3 Organ), Sam Brady (Keyboards), Mike Thorn (Bass), Brennan White (Electric Guitar) and George Lawrence (Drums, Percussion). Jim Hoke (Saxophone), Steve Herman (Trumpet), Maureen Murphy (Vocals) and Kendra Chantelle (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning from a lovely walk with the wife around the Washington Park Arboretum on a beautiful day before the snow arrives latter this evening. Arriving home and now taking ‘The Triangle’ out for a spin and Lisa and the band are sounding superb! Love the mix covering the music from Muscle Shoals, AL, Memphis, TN and Jackson, MS. This is a talented group of musicians working with her as she recorded in the three locations. One sweet album…

11 Likes

I think he might have been making a point but a very good move nevertheless

1 Like

Ali Farka Toure (Ray Cooder) Talking Timbuktu

18 Likes

Unusual cover from an unfamiliar band to me, Balthazar.

Now playing…

Sigur Rós - Takk…

Jón Þór Birgisson (Vocals, Guitar), Kjartan Sveinsson (Keyboards), Georg Hólm (Bass Guitar), Orri Páll Dýrason (Drums), Amiina (Strings), Kristín Lárusdóttir (Cello), Júlía Mogensen (Cello), Stefanía Ólafsdóttir (Viola), Eyjólfur Bjarni Alfreðsson (Viola), Ingrid Karlsdóttir (Violin), Gréta Salóme Stefánsdóttir (Violin), Matthías Stefánsson (Violin), Ólöf Júlía Kjartansdóttir (Violin), Eiríkur Orri Ólafsson (Trumpet), Snorri Sigurðarson (Trumpet), Helgi Hrafn Jónsson (Trombone), Samúel Jón Samúelsson (Trombone), Össur Geirsson (Tuba), Frank Aarnink (Percussion) and Álafosskórinn (Choir).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I placed this in the queue awhile back and taking out for a spin. Enjoying the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album!

11 Likes

Aretha Franklin I’ve Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You (that’s a damn long title)

20 Likes

Amy Winehouse Frank

17 Likes

George Harrison Going Troppo

8 Likes

@igahman the 11 hours you’re talking about can be quite lonely on this thread there’s often just me myself and I. Even I get bored in that company. :rofl::rofl:

Midnight Oil Diesel and Dust. Recently voted the best Australian album ever, it’s a great album but I can think of a few that imo are better.

I don’t know why I mentioned it I’m only talking to myself. :scream:

15 Likes

Have to follow up the last album with what I think is their finest Midnight Oil 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.

8 Likes

2 Likes