What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Renaissance, Turn Of The Cards, cd rip

Going through a Renaissance spell at the moment. I’ve had a binge on the various second hand platforms and topped my cd collection up with the various album gaps. I admit though I already had all of their good albums. Their later albums were really rather poor: Camera Camera!! Good grief.

Now one of their good albums :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My first JM album purchased after listening to it on TOGWT. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Renaissance, Ashes Are Burning, cd rip

Another excellent Renaissance album.

6 Likes

Getting ready for Fish on Fridays, its become a regular end of week entertainment during the lockdown season.

1 Like

On CD:-

10 Likes

On CD:-

Smashing Pumpkins - Monuments To An Elegy

3 Likes

Listening to the Dana Gavanski mini album Wind Songs she covers the Chic song At Last I Am Free.

But it’s actually a cover of Robert Wyatt’s cover of Chic.

Each version is just sublime in it’s own way. Robert Wyatt’s version is on this lovely album.

6 Likes

Bruce Springsteen. Letter to you.
Unsure at first but this gets better with each play.
And the snow scenes seemed appropriate.

Gotta get me one of those jackets

13 Likes

Tubeway Army - Tubeway Army.

Hard to accept this is over 40 years old…

10 Likes

Soul Jazz label?
:heart:

“Best of order when the turns are on please!”

Superb! They were all polio sufferers

1 Like

@Dreadatthecontrols - No, BBE (Barely Breaking Even).

Thanks, I thought I saw it on Soul Jazz/Sounds Of The Universe website. It appeared on one of the many mailing lists that fill my inbox.

1 Like

Israel vibration. Got the vinyl dub version somewhere. Israel Tafari ? Fatman Riddim Section?
Filing malfunction I think.

1 Like

Not sure. It was produced by Tommy Cowan who also had Inner Circle on his Talent Corporation roster. Fatman Riddim section is the name used by the core of the Inner Circle band when backing other artists. So its possible the dub album your referring to could be credited to Fatman Riddim section but I dont have it, let me know if you find it.

I would highly recommend the EMI issue of Same Song as it includes original 12" mixes with dubs and featuring Augustus Pablo. It has better SQ than the Pressure Sounds release you pictured which I also have on both CD & LP.

Edit
Looked it up and there is a dub version on the Jamaican Top Ranking label, identical sleeve to the above with just a sticker saying Dub Version

Just to add if your interested, they did many great albums including Unconquered People, Praises, Why You So Craven and On The Rock being highlights

3 Likes

Found it on Discogs. Comes under the name Fatman Riddim Section. Album title Israel Tafari released 1978. Will look for it next time I’m in the vaults.
As you know they were at the centre of Inner Circle which we have referred to in the past.

1 Like

Thanks will check it out, sounds like the one I described but retitled maybe, interesting
Edit
Yes Israel Tafari is a US edition also on Top Ranking Sounds but only has dubs to 8 of the tracks. The Jamaican one I referred to is the complete dub of the whole album.
Thanks again
:+1::heart:

1 Like

I just pre ordered this and Vol2. Thanks for heads up. Looks interesting.

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

24 Likes