What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

This Is The Kit - Krulle Bol

On Vinyl

3 Likes

More from national treasure Robert Wyatt - although he doesn’t sing or play. The wonderful Annie Whitehead’s arrangements of all your faves played with her chums including Phil Manzanera and Harry Beckett with (mostly) Julie Tippetts on vocals. Recorded live in Newark (not NJ). If this doesn’t brighten up your day … On double CD.

3 Likes

Funny coincidence, for some unexplained reason he came into my head this morning and the song Shipbuilding
:heart:

1 Like

The entire Talking Heads LP covered by Angelique Kidjo. Not sure “covered by” covers it, really. Seems more like she’s reappropriating it; part homage, part defiant acknowledgment of where the original album’s sounds principally came from.

Brilliantly done.

8 Likes

13 Likes

June 1, 1974 - Kevin Ayers, John Cale, Eno and Nico.

Listened to a cover of some Velvet Underground, searched on Nico (Roon) and this was one of the releases that came up. I thought that I had it on vinyl so found it and played that (half way through the first track). A useful reminder of how much more engaging vinyl playback can be.

11 Likes

Even more annoying is that I took some photos of Fatman and all and they are in some box in the shed.
Come summer might root them out

1 Like

T.Rex

14 Likes

Peter Frampton Band - All Blues

10 Likes

A great album. Wonder if he will resume his “final tour” in due course.

1 Like

Peterson’s first recording for Blue Note released in ‘88. All his recordings as a leader are worth checkin’ out if you can find them!

Ralph Peterson Jr. - drums
Terence Blanchard - trumpet
Steve Wilson - vibes
Geri Allen - piano
Phil Bowler - bass

CD on Blue Note

2 Likes

Mipso - Mipso

1 Like

Michael Schenker Group

Immortal

Edward

2 Likes

Totally agree SK. I was listening to the LP yesterday and what a voice she has. One great album.

Claude

1 Like

Elton. Vinyl. Not played this in ages. Most double albums might be better off as single albums but not this one. Not much filler. Perhaps his best album?

22 Likes

Sarah McLachlan, Surfacing. 200g vinyl Classic Records pressing.

Listening to Sarah today on this Classic Records LP. I’m sometimes disappointed with so-called Audiophile pressings, but the sound and quietness of this particular LP are remarkable.

And of course so are Ms. McLachlan and the musicians.

SarahMcLachlanSurfacing122602_f

Claude

10 Likes

Paula Cole - This Fire

3 Likes

For some strangely unknown, bizarre and surreal reason Shipbuilding by Robert Wyatt was in my head when I woke this morning.
Then I spotted a post by @BlueCanary. Strange, its not even like I’ve ever even listened much to Robert Wyatt
20210211_154339
:thinking:

7 Likes

Hope damp and insects havent been munching on em
:heart:

1 Like

Just been commenting on another thread that Black and Blue is my favourite Stones album. Had it on cassette (sounded poor) and later on CD (probably purchased second hand) which was not a lot better SQ-wise.
Funny how you can love an album even when SQ is not so good.

So just played it and then found the remastered hi-res version (well only just as 24/44.1) on Qobuz. Well third-time lucky that sounds much better - happiness.

The Rolling Stones - Black and Blue (1976)

18 Likes