What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

Chris Stapleton (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Manolin, Vocals), Morgane Stapleton (Vocals), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar), Jarrod Travis Cure (Bass Guitar, Upright Bass on track 14), Derek Mixon (Drums, Percussion, Tamborine), Benmont Tench (Hammond B3), David Angell (Violin on track 3), Kevin Bates (Cello on track 3), Jenny Bifano (Violin on track 3), Mike Campbell (Electric Guitar on tracks 5, 12), Traneshia Chiles (Choir on track 12), David Davidson (Violin on track 3), Conni Ellisor (Violin on track 3), Alicia Engstrom (Violin on track 3), Paul Franklin (Pedal Steel Guitar on tracks 10, 14), Tamika Harris (Choir on track 12), Austin Hoke (Cello on track 3), Jordan Holland (Choir on track 12), Lauren McClinton (Choir on track 12), Marqo Patton (Choir on track 12), Carole Rabinowitz (Cello on track 3), Lenesha Randolph (Choir on track 12), Sari Reist (Cello on track 3), Shannon Sanders (Choir track 12), Melody Sheppard (Choir on track 12), Mary Katherine VanOsdale (Violin on track 3), Kris Wilkinson (Viola on track track 3) and Karyn Winkleman (Violin on track 3)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicked off the day with Chris and he and this group of talented musicians are sounding sublime!

17 Likes

I do, yes!!

Outside of the UK and of also certain age methinks. Brilliant!

Peter Kay more recently did a hilarious job spoofing working men’s clubs with Pheonix Nights dont you think. The ping pong balls audition…

:rofl::rofl:
@Shaunio I added an edit

1 Like

Robin Trower | For Earth Below | 1975
Fine early Trower with the late James Dewar doing good things on bass and vocals.

7 Likes

More Everly’s …
The Everly Brothers Reunion Concert (Live at the Royal Albert Hall 1983)

Saw them twice in the 1960s - once backed by the remaining Crickets. Amazing.

10 Likes

Some of those Phase 4’s are now very collectable and worth money amongst collectors :+1:
:heart:

1 Like

Had that on a cassette way back in the day, long forgotten, will have to rectify that. Thanks for posting and reminding me of that album :+1::+1:
Ps found it on Tidal, ta v much again!

1 Like

Absolutely brilliant comedy - had to give this one a spin…

Even the wife started laughing - not that bloody song!!

2 Likes

Beatles, Help. Cd, 2009 remaster.

20 Likes

I’ve posted a few comedy records recently that were well recieved on the thread, maybe an idea for a dedicated thread, could be fun

1 Like

Go for it I am sure there would be lots of contributors.
:joy:

1 Like

From 1978, one of the best debuts ever. This is the copy I bought off my mate Jon for £1 in 1979 (he bought it on the day it came out the previous year but he didn’t like it).

12 Likes

Might do, batterys about to crash on my phone now, laters…
Atb

Just finished watching “ Scream for Me Sarajevo”, very powerful.

Building towards Sunday

10 Likes

Bruce Dickinson

Scream for Me Sarajevo

Listening to the concert on Qobuz.

Edward

1 Like

First track, “Calling Elvis” from 06:55 in when the drums kick in…what I’d give to hear it on some of your systems. Please, if you enjoy Dire Straits, let me know how good this sounds to you? Or is it just me… :relaxed:

9 Likes

From Magazine to the Banshees, the link of course being John McGeogh, a brilliantly original and talented guitar player, easily the best of his generation. Much missed, his full majesty is on show on this, Souxsie & Co’s best album. Vinyl.

12 Likes

Now Playing…

Chris Stapleton - Traveller

Chris Stapleton ( Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Derek Mixon (Drums, Percussion), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar, Percussion), T. Cure (upright bass), Mickey Raphael (Harmonica), Mike Webb (Mellotron, Organ, Piano) and Morgan Stapleton (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Chris and his fantastic ‘Traveller’ album. Chris is a songwriter, musician and performer and he and the band are sounding superb! This is one sweet album…

16 Likes

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant | No Quarter (Unledded) | 2004
Harder edged and punchier than the '94 original, this has a lot going for it. Thanks to @dave-marshall who put me on to this version a few years ago

16 Likes

This is such a happy sounding record. And that’s what we need sometimes.

6 Likes