What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Indeed, music is certainly my drug of choice :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me of this great man.

Love this album Yellow Moon by the Neville Brothers - such emotion in the songs.

13 Likes

I was thinking the same the post had reminded me that I haven’t played them for awhile.

1 Like

Keeping the jolly theme with Peggy Lee. Imagine someone releasing an album titled ‘I like men!’ these days.

9 Likes

That’s strange.
I’ve always regarded this (Black & Blue) as the best sounding Rolling Stones record whether on cd or vinyl (but especially on original vinyl).

2 Likes

Boz Scaggs - Out Of The Blues, top notch musicians backing him in this relaxed R&B setting.

15 Likes

Sunset In The Blue - new Melody Gardot album. Outstanding recording.

3 Likes

The Banshees go full-out psychedlic on this remarkable 1982 album. Brilliantly produced by the group themselves, it features McGeogh stretching out on a number of instruments.

11 Likes

Thanks for letting me know cheers

1 Like

Magnificent album - Terre Roche’s vocal performance on the title track Exposure is a highlight.

13 Likes

… and watching David Gilmour Live at Pompeii. Just adore this Blu-ray … and putting it through the Naim sound system is sublime.

My god… High Hopes is an amazing track…

8 Likes

The only Dire Straits live album I have is Alchemy

Released some 9 years earlier - will try and get a listen to On the Night.

14 Likes

T,REX

10 Likes

Bruce Dickinson

The Chemical Wedding

Edward

1 Like

A brilliant debut album - pretty much a classic. Why John Perry isn’t regarded as one of the great post punk guitarists is beyond me.

5 Likes

Gene Ammons - Nice An’ Cool, Moodsville Analogue Productions RM (2009).

5 Likes

John Lennon - Acoustic, as the title suggests this is a collection of studio takes, demos and a few live numbers that feature Lennon on acoustic guitar. As an added bonus, as well as the cd booklet listing the song lyrics there are also guitar chords shown, so any budding guitarist can play along.

9 Likes

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus, Prestige Mono AAA RM by Kevin Gray pressed by QRP (2017)

20 Likes

That’s a great album. I think my favourite might be Even Serpents Shine. Peter Perrett’s album How The West Was Won is fantastic also.

4 Likes

Freddie Hubbard - The Body & The Soul
Impulse, Analogue Productions 45rpm series (2010).

14 Likes