What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Focus - Focus 3 / 2001 Red Bullet / Netherlands CD / RB 66 189

12 Likes

Great Friday feeling with some live reggae from king Bob!

12 Likes

And a bit of Talk Talk… love it

1 Like

Sorry to butt in. Also, sorry for the un-noticed auto-correct “Winson” :grinning:.

1 Like

The Weather Station - Ignorance

On Vinyl

6 Likes

Handsworth & Handsworth Wood, then too many years in that London, last 30 or so yrs in the Black Country.

1 Like

12 Likes

7 Likes

Brilliant! I just looked and found my Dillinger LP “Marijuana In My Brain”. I’d forgotten all about him. That’s what I love about this thread - not just the new music, but being reminded of old music we loved and forgot. Cheers!

2 Likes

New album from a thirty-something pianist who’s not afraid to reach back more than a century to jazz’s beginnings, as well as impressing with his own compositions. CD.

2 Likes

Rush. A Farewell to Kings. CD. My only Rush Album which I enjoy once in a while. Recorded at Rockfield studios, Monmouth.

Village Voice critic Robert Christgau gave the record a D rating, calling Rush “the most obnoxious band currently making a killing on the zonked teen circuit”

Oh Dear!!

11 Likes

Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde.

Here it is, the big one. The one which got all the attention. Hot on the heels of Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited. Jam packed full of awesomeness. The songs are about Dylan’s relationships with women, good and bad. Some great decisions were made in the creation of this album, not least the choice to move away from New York and do the recording in Nashville, with some new musicians.

A search on google will give you more information than you could throw a stick at if the fancy takes you.

Still not got to my favourite Dylan albums yet, but this is a goodun’.

17 Likes

91BqLZM+pNL.SS500

Melody Gardot - Sunset In The Blue, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

12 Likes

18 months to the next release and then my favourite Dylan period

2 Likes

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen Quartet - The Well

Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone), Mats Eilertsen (Double-Bass) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… opening this Friday morning with Tord and his fabulous quartet and they are sounding sublime! One very fine album and simply sweet…

7 Likes

A triple vinyl album stuffed full of (previously) unknown treasures:

4 Likes

The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus

Beauty Will Save The World

2 Likes

61nrQLx0OnL.SS500

First play, on vinyl… :notes: :+1:

7 Likes

Listening to Jazzradio Schwarzenstein a jazz station that Wolfgang put me on to on the Best Internet Radio Anyone topic (see Best internet radio anyone? )

Great jazz content and SQ.

1 Like

Calexico | The Thread That Keeps Us | 2018

13 Likes