What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

On Vinyl:

11 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke w/ Magnetic North Orchestra- Further

Jon Balke (Piano, Keyboards), Jens Petter Antonson (Trumpet), Per Jørgensen (Trumpet, Vocals), Morten Halle (Alto Saxophone), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Gertrud Økland (Violin), Trond Villa (Viola), Jonas Franke-Blom (Cello), Anders Jormin (Bass), Marilyn Mazur (Percussion) and Audun Kleive (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Friday morning with Jon Balke’s ‘Further’ and just love this album. The music is simply marvelous, full of joy and always brings a smile to my face when I give it a spin! …one very sweet album…

Streaming on Tidal:

10 Likes

Exquisite playing of Franz Bruggen on the recorder with Gustav Leonhardt on the harpsichord and Nikolaus Harnoncourt playing the viola da gamba.
A Telefunken LP from the eighties.

6 Likes

Airbag - Identity, on vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Howard Eliott Payne - “Bright Light Ballads” (2009)

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall - Colour Yes (Special Edition)

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Gavin Barras (Bass), Gaz Hughes (Drums on tracks 3 to 8), Marek Dorcik (Drums on tracks: 1, 2), Rachel Gladwin (Harp on tracks 2, 5 to 7), Adam Fairhall (Piano) and Nat Birchall (Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Matthew and he and his talented group of musicians are they are sounding sublime! …one sweet album.

12 Likes

Tidal…

6 Likes

24 Likes

I put a vid on the “Best Cover of a Song” thread.

Life By Misadventure - Rag ‘n’ Bone Man.

Just tumbled through the letterbox, now ripped and streaming …

Rory’s follow-up album to “Human”, and it’s another belter … what a voice he has.

It’s on Tidal, and you do owe yourselves a listen.

9 Likes

Loving this from the much missed guitar master

12 Likes

Robin Trower, Maxi Priest, Livingstone Brown | United State Of Mind | 2021
Many thanks to whoever first flagged this one up, I got the CD the other day and have been thoroughly enjoying it, perhaps surprisingly they combine so very well together. Good stuff.

7 Likes

No…it doesn’t.

1 Like

Playing a few Reggae 12" singles,

Starting with Junior Delgado - Love Tickles Like Magic

Next is Augustus Pablo - Rockers Rock

And Half Pint - Greetings

4 Likes

Ivan & Alyosha

Self titled third full album from this wonderful combo from Seattle, released in late 2020. Melodic power pop, great singing & harmonies. Previous two albums are excellent as well.

As they are from Seattle, I wonder if @seakayaker has heard of them over there?

Peter

1 Like

I’ve always loved this track, tonight I’m in the snug with a Nait 2 / ND5XS2, not too bad I guess…

6 Likes

Me too - a classic in their catalogue.

1 Like

Howie Day - “Stop All The World Now” (2004)

1 Like

Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys produces the late Tony Joe White

7 Likes