What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Richard Thompson - Serpent’s Tears - Bandcamp App stream Airplayed to Muso Qb.
1st listen to today’s release, it’s recognisably Thompson. Largely downbeat intelligent well-crafted lyrics, interpreted brilliantly in that distinctive voice, and underpinned by sensitive guitar playing. A fusion of styles from the British Isles from a great singer songwriter guitarist.

3 Likes

I am listening to this tonight. I only found out today that this one quite rare! It’s a CBS version from Ireland, well according to Discogs.

I bought it on release and from memory it cost £2.50.

12 Likes

2 x CD - Music Brokers 2014

One of those go to compilation CDs when you want to feel the blues :+1:

Disc: 1

1. Sinner’s Prayer - B.B.King & Ray Charles
  2. T-model Blues - Lightnin’ Hopkins
  3. Boogie Chillen - John Lee Hooker
  4. Sweet Home Chicago - Robert Johnson
  5. Stack O’lee Blues - Mississippi John Hurt
  6. Pain In My Heart - Willie Dixon
  7. Steelin’ - Jeff Beck’s All Stars
  8. Cold And Lonesome - Jimmy Reed
  9. Central Park Blues - Nina Simone
  10. Pink Champagne - Joe Liggins
  11. All Around Man - Bo Carter
  12. Highway 60 - Johnny “Guitar” Watson

Disc: 2

1. Dark Rainy City (Dark Mix) - C.C Miles
  2. Strange Love (Original Mix) - Deep B. Feat. Jlm
  3. I Know - Klub Rider Feat. Ks
  4. Moonshine Blues (Buddha Sounds Remix) - Meloscience Corp.
  5. Your Long Dream - Index
  6. Poisoned Girl (Poisoned Mix) - Lazy Action
  7. Old Blues - Jules Renauld
  8. Seventy Seven (Blues Café Edit) - Ccb Feat. Benjamin
  9. Alone - Speachless Project
  10. Set Me Free - Jonas Kjell
  11. Indigo (Edit) - Rever Sound
  12. Little Bird (Deep Blues Mix) - Leila Dean

The 1st disc is a fabulous selection of original blues artists, and with excellent SQ
The 2nd disc is a fabulous selection of modern blues, and with an even better SQ

13 Likes

21 Likes

Normally I’m purely rock n’ roll but this man is (was) a god. Previously an Apple label recording artist.

8 Likes

B.B. King - Completely Well
CD|1969

8 Likes

This is a crackin’ first solo album from Heart’s Nancy Wilson

Playing it again with a new beer in my hand - bring it on.

6 Likes

Similarly to @dave-marshall :wave: , this popped through the letterbox this afternoon.

Rag’n’Bone Man - Life By Misadventure, incredible vocals.

11 Likes

As @Eoink says a solid release from Richard. Some nice backing vocals on some tracks by Zara Phillips flesh things out a bit.

.sjb

4 Likes

The real sultans of swing, on a Columbia CD that totally kicks butt:

14 Likes

Now playing…

David Gray - Skellig

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home after running some errands and turning to David with his latest release and he and the talented group of musicians as stated in the Irish Times “Mossy Nolan, David Kitt, Niamh Farrell and Robbie Malone, plus British classical musician Caroline Dale deliver the songs to a higher place than on any previous Gray album.” It is sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Yusef Lateef - Live at Ronnie Scott’s, Gearbox Records

Not Gearbox’s finest moment in terms of sound quality though I suspect the source material wasn’t the best but having said that the music itself is of the very highest quality Yusef was a multi faceted, super talented innovator who brought different cultures and their instruments into his recordings but he was still capable of playing the most beautiful, traditional Jazz.

6 Likes

After a few quiet listening nights, it’s Friday time, glass of Rioja in hand it’s time for something heavy.

Regarded as one of the founders of Power metal, Helloween released this their second studio album in 1987 with Michael Kiske taking over vocals.

Unfortunately, after this and it sequel KOTSK Part 2, it all (for me) rather went downhill from here on despite them having a long career.

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 1

2 Likes

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Gone With The Wind , Fontana (1959)

9 Likes

This percussive masterpeace must be appreciated with a NAIM power amp.

13 Likes

This is also highly recommended:

16 Likes

I’ve not played this for a while. It’s a very fine album.

5 Likes

I’m not normally a fan of these sort of albums mainly because the artists try to hard so put their on stamp on a track. But I’ve got to say after listening to this on Qobuz last night I had to order the vinyl. Luckily just made it in time for it to arrive today.

15 Likes

BadBadNotGood and Ghostface Killah - Toronto and Staten Island finest!

1 Like

5 Likes