What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Chxmist- Waiting for You - Bandcamp stream Airplay to Muso Qb
Nice haunting atmospheric textures under equally haunting vocal, really enjoyable track recommended by sloop. Thanks.

1 Like

An album I know very well, via Tidal Masters. Not sure what the MQA is bringing to the party, but it’s a good sound…

16 Likes

Exquisite early Fall. Dragnet CD.

5 Likes

Starting my sati with the First Lady of song a Ella Fitzgerald, Ella: lost Berlin tapes. Live performance, so beautiful. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Another Frapptastic Tidal Master:

15 Likes

Now playing…

Courtney Marie Andrews - May Your Kindness Remain

Courtney Marie Andrews (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Dillon Warnek (Electric Guitar, Space Uke), Daniel Walker (Organ, Wurlitzer, Accordion), Charles Wicklander (Wurlitzer, Piano), William Mapp (Drums, Percussion), Alex Sabel (Bass), C.C. White (Vocals), Annie Jantzer (Vocals) and Kara Hesse (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the fine voice of Courtney and her band and they are sounding mighty fine!

10 Likes

The best and most conscientious Act I have ever seen live, Mr James Brown.

Just wish I had been old enough to attend this 1962 concert… lost someone, at nearly 11 mins is something else…

12 Likes

Now I have the Déjà vu Blues - wish I had thought of this first… well I did… but I didn’t :laughing:

Great compilation and sound, as you say ‘when you want to feel the blues’ :+1:

2 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

Recent coverage of Ska / 2 Tone was the impetus to spin this

CD1 is particularly strong. Later stuff lost a little edge I feel.

And it sounds GREAT, we seem to have lost the ability to record like this.

.sjb

10 Likes

Great album, as was her previous one with Francesco

1 Like

After the queen of jazz now comes the king. The extraordinary Nat King Cole. Extraordinary.:blush:

17 Likes

Now playing…

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

Kacey Musgraves (Vocal, Acoustic Guitar), Daniel Tashian (Keyboards, Bass Guitar, Vocals, Fender Stratocaster, Electric Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Celeste, Banjo, Electric Mandolin, Vibraphone, Strings, Classical Guitar, Elektron Octatrack, Rhodes Piano), Todd Lombardo (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Banjo, Baritone Guitar, Slide Guitar, Classical Guitar), Ian Fitchuk (Drums, Keyboards, Percussion, Bass Guitar, Roland Juno-60 Synthesizer, Piano, Vocoder, Banjo, Vocals, Wurlitzer Electric Piano, Electric Guitar, Synth Bass), David Davidson (Violin, Viola), Carole Rabinowitz (Cello), Russ Pahl (Pedal Steel Guitar), Justin Schipper (Pedal Steel Guitar), Dan Dugmore (Pedal Steel Guitar) and Kyle Ryan (Electric Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24) … Continuing on though the mid-afternoon with Kacey she and the band are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

12 Likes

I found it very disappointing. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Starting a beautiful Saturday morning with Marc Ford Holy Ghost

4 Likes

It’s such a happy album, my kids are now also on board. One of your recommendations a few years ago (how time flies) :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Andrew, yes “There Is No Other” is really good too.

-pat

Natalie Merchant, Ophelia. Wonderfully soothing and lively.

13 Likes

Leon Bridges - Coming Home
CD|2015

7 Likes