What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

U2 - The Joshua Tree

Bono (Harmonica, Vocals), The Edge (Guitar, Vocals), Brian Eno (DX-7, Keyboards, Vocals), Daniel Lanois (Rhythm Guitar, Omnichord, Tambourine, Vocals) and Armin Family (Strings).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with a trip back in the way back machine 34 years and taking U2 out for a spin! …sounding sweet, an old favorite.

18 Likes

Don McLean American Pie

15 Likes

Great U2 gig originally previewed on The Tube (Jools Holland). I have the CBS LP as well - I doubt that it is rare as half the population of Ireland bought the LP on release! :grinning:

Peter

1 Like

St. Vincent - Actor
CD|2009

8 Likes

Now playing…

Katie Melua - Album No. 8

Katie Melua (Vocals), Zurab Melua (Guitar), Leo Abrahams (Guitar, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Strings), Deisadez Akaki (Violin), Jajanidze Ana (Violin), Tea Bakhtadze (Viola), Bela Bardzimashvili (Viola), Mariam Chikvaidze (Viola), Vasil Demetrashvili (Double Bass), Sam Dixon (Bass Guitar, Piano), Mark Edwards (Hammond organ), Londrishvili Ekaterine (Violin), Lamara Gegelia (Cello), Tim Harries (Fender Rhodes, Bass Guitar, Piano, Wurlitzer), Georgiy Imanov (Cello), Evgeni Inchagov (Cello), Timofeeva Inga (Violin), Sergo Jalaghania (Viola), Tamar Jeladze (Double Bass), Panjakidze Ketevan (Violin), Medea Kheoshvili (Cello), Nino Kokrashvili (Viola), Lemonjava Konstantin (Violin), Gogitidze Lela (Violin), Sachaleli Lia (Violin), Mikheil Lomidze (Cello), Gogava Maia (Violin), Razmadze Maia (Violin), Natsvlishvili Maka (Violin), Kasradze Marina (Violin), Niniasgvili Nana (Viola), Chugoshvili-Akhalbedashvili Natela (Violin), Mdinaradze Natia (Violin), Shamugia Nino (Violin), Jack Pinter (Alto Flute, Synthesizer), Nikoloz Rachveli (Conductor), Emre Ramazanoglu (Drums, Percussion), Kajaia Rati (Violin), Narchemashvili Sophio (Violin), Serafina Steer Harp), Jaiani Teimuraz (Violin), Anastasia Tsereteli (Cello) and Teona Tsiramua (Conductor).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… moving into Friday evening with Katie and she is sounding mighty sweet! …the album was released in October and have not had it out for a spin in a couple of months… and this is one lovely album.

9 Likes

Sarah McLachlan, afterglow. Haven’t listened to this for quite a while. Sounding wonderful. :relieved:

11 Likes

My favourite Byrds album The Sweetheart of the Rodeo

17 Likes

Goldfrapp, seventh tree. She is so versatile. Love this slower mellow album complete with birds singing. Sweet. And love all her other albums, too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

The Beatles Abbey Road

20 Likes

Paul McCartney Red Rose Speedway

12 Likes

Scott Walker Scott 4

10 Likes

Thank you @Nigel_66 . Very nice! St Vincent, mass education.

11 Likes

Tin Machine’s first album.

13 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, shifting gears. Feels a little early to play this but I can’t wait. :relieved:

5 Likes

Declan O’Rourke - Arrivals

Produced by Paul Weller and recorded at his Black Barn Studios. I became aware of this Galway born singer via Paul Weller and listening to Declan’s Chronicles of The Great Irish Famine a couple of years ago which is a bit stark but also very beautiful in parts but I have to admit I’ve not listened to any of his other records though I will put that right.

Arrivals though is a lot more accessible and will hopefully garner Declan a bit of mainstream success as he fully desreves it.

5 Likes

Out and about yesterday and popped into HMV - what is going on there! - not sure they know what they’re selling these days.

However, I was struck by this playing - inspired enough to make a purchase.

Dodie - Build a Problem

5 Likes

Jim Tomlinson, the lyric featuring Stacey Kent, his wife. Discovered this on Qobuz, not the same as A Fine Romance which shared very similar cover art apart from album name. Wonderful. :relieved:

4 Likes

Good start to the day.

8 Likes

He’s been around for a while - Weller has been singing his praises for quite some time. I picked up on him when I lived in Dublin.

2 Likes

Richard Ashcroft Alone with Everybody

3 Likes