What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Thanks Andy I’ll check those out. I’m relatively new to his music but remember Weller praising him in an interview around the time of True Meanings I then listened quite briefly to Chronicles of The Great Irish Famine which I meant to buy but never got around to fast forward a couple of years and I just watched an interview with him and Paul about Arrivals, a really typically humble Galway man.

My father is Irish from Kerry but we have family up around Connemara and I recognise that accent in Declan’s voice it’s very familiar and really speaks to me if you know what I mean.
It’s always a real joy as a music lover to discover an artist with a back catalogue to listen to.
I’ve just bought the Chronicles LP direct from Declan’s website which will be signed I’m not usually one to buy signed records as these days there is no rarity value and can sometimes deface the artwork a bit however this record which took Declan 15 years to write is very special and worth commemorating I listened to sides A & B again earlier and he really does the subject justice apparently it’s a collection of true tales direct from that tragic period in Irish history it is a mix of traditional Irish music with a modern edge and is well worth taking the time to listen to.

2 Likes

I would tend to agree with you.

Some years earlier I was walking past Queens student union and outside was a poster, ‘U2 playing tonight’. Entry was only a couple of quid, I half turned to go in but decided not to for some reason, thinking I will catch them again. I always regret that!

1 Like

13 Likes

cover
a3507779980_10
Bandcamp flac downloads

2 Likes

My favourite disc from Neil Young’s recent Archives box.

Dume - NY & Crazy Horse

11 Likes

Think I’ll end my days listening with PJ Harvey’s Let England Shake

13 Likes

Very 70’s… VERY Pat Benatar.

1 Like

Rumer - Boys Don’t Cry

Gorgeous voice. CD before getting out the door for work.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Royal Blood, ‘Typhoon’.
A band that gets better with each release. Excellent.

4 Likes

Shelby Lynne, identity crisis. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Tangerine dream force majeure

13 Likes

Great album to brighten up a wet Saturday morning!

13 Likes

Ancient vinyl. A bit of a change in direction for the 'Wind, but Robert Calvert’s lyrics are just brilliant.

19 Likes

Hi Tony,
In this specific album, Wilsonization, in fact, added a lot, to the my taste

John Lee Hooker - Travelin’

14 Likes

On CD…£6.99 in HMV… :blush:

14 Likes

Very - Pet Shop Boys

The last of their hit laden imperial phase albums.

Packaged with Relentless, a 6 track album of more intense electro dance songs. I think of it as a Chris Lowe solo LP with Neil guesting on vocals.

8 Likes

Noon session-
1 !!4 [7|225x225]7 9

11 Likes

Natalie Merchant, leave your sleep. Many poems, nursery rhymes and lullabies sang with original music. 2 CDs worth of goodies. :blush:

10 Likes