What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

On Classic Records vinyl… :sunglasses: :grin: :notes:

13 Likes

Hi Ditton,
Wrong as you may be, you’re entitled to your opinion. As far as my ears can tell, it sucks.
Enjoy it, mate!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Very late down under but just one more. Got to be fast and loud. Goldfrapp, we are glitter fits the bill. Lovely! :blush:

14 Likes

Happy birthday, old boy!

14 Likes

Nice to see an Antipodean Frapper David… somewhere I have a very good quality boot of the Frapp playing Syney Opera House…

1 Like

The Band - Music From Big Pink.

15 Likes

Shack - HMS Fable

Much-missed Scouse bad boys displaying their usual melodic mastery. It’s a must for fans of XTC, Pugwash, The Coral, Jellyfish etc.

8 Likes

Thanks to all your suggestions! I skipped a couple of slower tracks trying to get to the end so I might have time to finish with this one - Goldfrapp ride a Whitehorse live in London. Just started. On cloud 9 right now! :star_struck:

Ps please don’t tempt me with Goldfrapp live session. :joy: Save that for tomorrow.

9 Likes

Paul Young - “No Parlez” (1983)

10 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3:

11 Likes

David gilmour on an island

16 Likes

Changed my mind. Listening to Goldfrapp wonderful electric (live in London). Just 19mins. Goldfrapp is right. I want more. :joy:

Thank God it’s Sunday tomorrow!

10 Likes

Alexa Rose - Medicine For Living
CD|2019
Folk

2 Likes

Back in the day I had no time for New Order, but streaming this on Qobuz now has my feet tapping. Odd🤔

download

3 Likes

Now playing…

Lucinda Williams - West

Lucinda Williams (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), Rob Burger (Piano, Organ, Accordion), Doug Pettibone (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Baritone Guitar), Bill Frisell (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Tony Garnier (Electric Bass, Double Bass), Jim Keltner (Drums, Percussion), Jenny Scheinman (Violins), Rob Brophy (Viola), Tim Loo (Cello), Hal Willner (Turntable, Samples), Gary Louris (Vocals) and Gia Ciambotti (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Saturday morning with Lucinda and she and this talented and fabulous group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet! I Love her music and she does it all, singer, songwriter and musician! Lucinda turned 68 this past January and she keeps on releasing fantastic music… West is one of my favorites and is one sweet album…

11 Likes

Heather Nova - “Pearl” (2019)

4 Likes

Fab album. Its a close thing but I like their next album, …the corner of miles and Gil. by a whisker

1 Like

Currently listening to this for the 1st time - surprising myself - quite enjoying it
Any other recommendations ?

10 Likes

Heads, Hands and Feet

Featuring the magnificent Country Boy.

4 Likes

That is available as a double-DVD set @davidng

Live At Somerset House, London 13th July 2003
1-01 Deep Honey
1-02 Human
1-03 Lovely Head
1-04 Crystalline Green
1-05 Train
1-06 Utopia
1-07 Tiptoe
1-08 Deer Stop
1-09 Twist
1-10 Strict Machine
1-11 Pilots
1-12 Slippage
1-13 Yes Sir
1-14 Black Cherry

Live At Shepherd’s Bush Empire 4th December 2001
2-01 Paper Bag
2-02 Human
2-03 Deer Stop
2-04 Lovely Head
2-05 Pilots
2-06 Little Death
2-07 Felt Mountain
2-08 Utopia
2-09 U.K. Girls (Physical)
2-10 Sartorious
2-11 Horse Tears

PLUS two documentaries - well worth picking up!

2 Likes