What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now, There’s something that’s rarely seen here. I should dust off my copy and give it a spin sometime. Cheers for the reminder, Clive!:sunglasses:

On CD:-

Wishbone Ash - Argus

18 Likes

A recording from 1969.

12 Likes

Love your LP12! Takes me back

2 Likes

Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming.

19/52

Having been raised by strictly religious parents, and then going to the trouble of wholeheartedly rebelling against their beliefs, I was deeply troubled when Dylan went religious on us. To the extent that I stopped following him until he got past it. I still don’t really listen to his religious phase albums, but I have them nonetheless. So here goes…

10 Likes

Now playing…

Rumer - Nashville Tears

Rumer (Vocals), David Angell (Violin), Monisa Angell (Viola), Mandy Barnett (Vocals), Jenny Bifano (Violin), Pat Buchanan (Electric Guitar), Byran Sutton (12-String Bass Guitar, Acoustic 6-String Guitar, Banjo, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin), Matt Dame (Vocals), David Davidson (Violin), Stuart Duncan (Fiddle), Conni Ellisor (Violin), Alicia Enstrom (Violin), Tania Hancheroff (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Lorrie Harden (Vocals), Austin Hoke (Cello), Mike Johnson (Pedal Steel Guitar, Vocals), Kerry Marx (Dobro, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Fred Mollin (Autoharp), Gordon Mote (Keyboards, Organ, Piano), Carole Neuen-Rabinowitz (Cello), Larry Paxton (Bas Dessus, Bass), Sari Peist (Cello), Scotty Sanders (Dobro, Pedal Steel Guitar), Rob Shirakbari (Bass, String Arrangements, Vocals), Julie Tanner (Cello), Wei Tsun Chang (Violin), Mary Kathryn Van Osdale (Violin), Kristin Wilkinson (Viola) and Karen Winkelmann (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with Rumor and the talented group of musicians supporting her and she and the band are sounding sublime! …one very sweet album.

8 Likes

Classic Records 200g vinyl. A very weird album, but the drumming and bass playing is amazing…

25 Likes

Inspired by @Buster a few posts above. LP (Canadian pressing)

Jethro_Tull_-_Songs_from_the_Wood

Claude

17 Likes

My God. What a band. What a box set !

4 Likes

Beverley Knight - Who I Am

Kicking back with a cold one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Now playing…

Sarah King - The Hour

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a recommendation this morning from my daughter and taking out for a spin and Sarah has a wonderful voice and sounding mighty sweet! A short 5 track 15:41 album released in mid-march and you can find information regarding at her website or internet search for reviews of this album. I’m liking what I hear from this young singer/songwriter…

4 Likes

Hoping 2021 gives us a new album from these amazing ladies…

6 Likes

Ask @anon10403888, Ian. :grin:

2 Likes

Possibly my favourite from her too @seakayaker

2 Likes

Quadruple vinyl:

25 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

Herbie Hancock - Takin’ Off, Blue Note 80 (2019)

21 Likes

Alastair Greene - A Little Wiser
Singer/songwriter with a strong baritone voice playing amped up full on blues rock. He delivers a heavily distorted way-wah’d Gibson bombast, lovely stuff, you could be deaf by the end of this album. Though there are a few quieter romantic tracks in which Greene plays banjo and mandolin exceptionally well.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Lisa Mills - Tempered in Fire

Lisa Mills (Guitar, Vocals), Eric Heigle (Drums, Vocals), Ian Jennings (Electric Bass, Double Bass), Andy Fairweather Low (Guitar, Vocals), Nick Payne (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone) and Matt Winch (Flugelhorn, Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Lisa with her fabulous voice and talented band and they are sounding mighty fine!

9 Likes

Kevin Morby - Sundowner

On Vinyl

3 Likes