What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Incredible string band. Debut album of my favourite band from 1966.

11 Likes

Higher than the top of the White Ladder ?

…I have had the album ‘Skellig’ out for several spins and find it to be a wonderful album and give it a high recommendation.

I loved White Ladder when it came out and it is a fantastic album. I saw David play with his drummer at a small club, The Tractor Tavern, in the Ballard neighborhood. Shortly after that I picked up White Ladder and the album has made many road trips in the car as well as on the play list at home. …about a year after seeing David at this small tavern he returned to Seattle and played at the Key Arena in front of several thousand people. I not sure if Skellig will/would have the impact but it is a fantastic album.

JMHO…

3 Likes

Frampton Forgets The Words.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Boz Scaggs- out of the blues

Boz Scaggs (Vocals, Bass, Guitar), Doyle Bramhall II (Guitar, Harmonica), Jim Cox (Keyboards), Eric Crystal (Tenor Saxophone), Ricky Fataar (Drums), Steve Freund (Guitar), Jim Keltner (Drums, Percussion), Stephen Doc Kupka (Baritone Saxophone), Ray Parker, Jr. (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Tom Politzer (Tenor Saxophone), Jack Applejack Walroth (Guitar, Harmonica, Horn Samples, Percussion) and Willie Weeks (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Boz and this talented group of musicians supporting him on ‘out of the blues’ and they are sounding mighty sweet! One very fine album…

15 Likes

Low-Life

12 Likes

Pat Metheny Unity Group Kin / 2014 Nonesuch / Japan Promo CD / Paper Sleeve / WPCR15523

6 Likes

18 Likes

What are your thoughts now?

I think they’re great, and in a less overt way, I think it’s possible to see all of Bob’s music as pertaining to and examining the themes we associate with “religion”.

But yes, these three albums - Slow Train, Saved, Shot of Love - are more obviously “religious”, and that to some, is off putting. Sadly, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Keb’ Mo’ - Keb’ Mo’

Keb’ Mo’ (Banjo, Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Laval Belle](Drums), Quentin Dennard (Drums), Tommy Eyre (Keyboards) and James “Hutch” Hutchinson (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Keb’ Mo’ and his 1994 release and he and the band are sounding sublime! Fortunate to see 'Keb 'Mo perform on a number of occasions over the years and just love his music…

23 Likes

Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies
Ray Brown Trio - Soular Energy
Kohsuke Mine - First
Tsuyoshi Mamomoto Trio - Midnight Sugar

All vinyl.

2 Likes

Stones - Love You Live

Vinyl. Why? It’s too late in the evening to mess around.

8 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting - The Race For Space.

14 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting ‎The Race For Space / 2015 Test Card / UK CD / TCRCDA02

@AlanP My son introduced me to this, and you have reminded me to give it a fresh spin. :+1:

9 Likes

Future Islands ‎– The Far Field
CD|2017

3 Likes

Now playing…

Pink Floyd - The Wall

David Gilmour (Clavinet, Baritone Guitar, Bass Guitar, Pedal Steel, Synthesizer, Vocals), Roger Waters (Bass Guitar, VCS 3 Synthesizer, Vocals) Nick Mason (Drums, Percussion), and Richard Wright (Bass Pedals, Clavinet, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with a little bit of Pink Floyd and they are sounding absolutely marvelous! …cranked up a bit and the smile on my face is high and wide, sounding mighty sweet…

28 Likes

Sonny Landreth - Recorded Live in Lafayette. Great Louisiana Blues.

7 Likes

Never tire of this classic, so inventive, different and inspired.

22 Likes

Woods - Strange To Explain
CD|2020

4 Likes

Started with

and then moved on to:

10 Likes