What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

When it first came out I was in the wrong place to hear such messages, and found I couldn’t enjoy it. That lasted for many years and then it just became a thing for me.

I listened again sometime within the last year but found I distracted myself from paying attention to it due to my past associations for it. Tonight I chose to pay attention.

No longer does it pain me (at a personal level) to hear what is said. Rather, I find myself largely agreeing with the sentiments.

The music is good and the production is a definite improvement for Dylan. Bonus to have Mark Knopfler on lead guitar. All in all I liked it and I’m happy that I can listen to it without pain at last. It’s only taken me 42 years.

4 Likes

Last spin of the night. Always blown away when I listen to this. Enough said

13 Likes

Goldfrapp strict machine. Apologies if this thread is feeling like a Goldfrapp channel. Promise I will play something else after this. :joy:

Qobuz shows a lot EPs as albums. I don’t know if I like that. I prefer the way Tidal group things. Maybe it is qobuz’s way to make us thing it has a large collection.

8 Likes

That’s a great live album by Colosseum. Ese’s album in not bad either but don’t tell Kev. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not listened to mine yet but why does it only fit into both the protective sleeve and my rack one way so that it protrudes out past all the other records? First World problem but still very annoying.

Intrigued by the cover posted by @Peter1480 just given this a spin

Although I did see a review suggesting that the vocals could be a bit more prominent in the mix, I tend to agree on first listen however might be tempted to dig the wallet out after a second listen tomorrow.

cover

Book of Wyrms - Occult New Age

3 Likes

Yeah, with Ese & West Ham both doing well he’ll become insufferable. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

4 Likes

That is almost a great album. But the mix is unbelievably bad.

1 Like

Yola - Walk Through Fire
CD|2019
Late to this one, but very enjoyable.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Elton John (Farfisa Organ, Keyboards, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Electric Piano, Vocals), Ray Cooper (Percussion, Tambourine), Kiki Dee (Vocals), Leroy Gomez (Saxophone), David Hentschel (Keyboards, Synthesizer), Davey Johnstone (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Leslie Guitar, Slide Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), David Katz (Violin), Dee Murray (Bass, Electric Bass, Vocals), Nigel Olsson (Congas, Drums, Tamboura, Tambourine, Vocals) and Prince Rhino (Speaker).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Elton and his fabulous band and they are sounding mighty sweet! …going way back in time and remember seeing Elton with Kiki Dee playing in the old Boston Garden. Oh my how time has flown by!

20 Likes

But the £6 for the download might help pay for a better sound engineer :smiley:

15 Likes

Neil Young - Young Shakespeare
CD|2021

12 Likes

Thank @AlanP & @GeoffC. Playing Public Service Broadcasting, Spitfire. Totally biased because I love the Spitfire. Shame the flyby sound at the start doesn’t sound like a Spitfire or Merlin engine. Let me know if I am wrong please. Thanks.

8 Likes

17 Likes

5 Likes

Regina Spektor, begin to hope. Awesome voice and techniques. :relieved:

4 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums out there, Jon and Vangelis Friends of Mr Cairo.

16 Likes

Thank you @Pete_the_painter for the reminder! Bee Gees, Saturday Night Fever - more than a woman to all the ladies. :+1:

7 Likes