What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Gene Harris / Scott Hamilton Quintet, At Last. Concord CD (1990).

Gene Harris, piano
Scott Hamilton, tenor sax
Herb Ellis, guitar
Ray Brown, bass
Harold Jones, drums

I never seem to tire of this album - all soli are terrific, but there’s also something irresistible with the swing and cohesion of the quintet. The sound quality of the CD contributes to the listening pleasure.

GeneHarrisTheGeneHarris51872_f

Claude

5 Likes
9 Likes

Any good? Noticed it Qobuz a few days ago.

Richard Clapton Loveis Music (1966-1970)

2 Likes

Last album released by them under that name. They have changed their band name to Watchhouse. Surprised this set hasn’t been sold out yet.

A bunch of trax off this due out late July.

An album of cover songs apart from the title track

8 Likes

To be honest I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I do…the more I listen to it, the more like it.
Some of the previous Iron and Wine has been a little hit n miss for me.
This is mixed format recording so it can sound a little ‘clunky’ on occasions, but for me, it adds warmth and authenticity to the album.
I was often reminded of the band Spain when listening

Give it a listen I say…

1 Like

Gonna try and complete my Michael Stanley project which I am sure thrills everyone. But indulge me, it is something I am compelled to do.

After the MSB years, Michael continued to release albums. He had a heart attack in the nineties and his 1996 release had some references to that. He continued to record and perform 5 or 10 shows a year with a roughly ten-piece unit that included drummer Tommy Dobeck and keyboardist Bob Pelander from the MSB years. But the releases at this point were “solo” releases with credits to the Resonators.

The 1996 “Coming Up For Air” title track.

Jeff A

1 Like

Manfred Mann’s Earth Band Angle Station

12 Likes

For breakfast

7 Likes

Alex Malheiros & Banda Utopia The Wave / 2009 Far Out / UK CD / FARO 145CD

Starting the day with a release by the Azymuth bass player which features his daughter Sabrina Malheiros on the very cool title track. Excellent sound quality adds to the enjoyment.

3 Likes

Emmylou Harris - The Ballad of Sally Rose

9 Likes

513aojC6wIL.AC_UY436_QL65
and then this!

71gw4Tr7C8L.AC_UY436_QL65

11 Likes

I am looking forward to this a lot.

Listening to Beth Nelson Chapman, sand and water. Never listened to this album before. It is very nice albeit may be a bit sad, sand and water many consider a funeral song and reflects the passing of her husband in 1994. I love her self title album, Beth Nelson Chapman.

9 Likes

great record, Sunday Night Blues Club is also a fabulous album and one of my go to "listen to how good my hifi sounds’ for normies…

1 Like

yes, typical of bi-fold triple albums!

More Emmylou, this time Luxury Liner.

19 Likes

Continuing with this Lori McKenna, Lorraine. Feels like a great follow up after Beth Nelson Chapman.

4 Likes

Tomita. Snowflakes are dancing. Gentle start to the week.
I have this on vinyl but this must sound better because it has “High performance “ written on the front.

7 Likes