What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

War - Why Can’t We Be Friends

7 Likes

Rag ‘n’ Bone Man - Life By Misadventure
Another great album from Rory Graham. His Rag ‘n’ Bone monicker comes from watching repeats of Steptoe & Son with his grandad.

12 Likes

Thanks, I did wonder
I’m also a big fan of Steptoe…
:heart:

1 Like

This is super, well known songs with a great band. Only issue is that it’s too short.

3 Likes

Michael Stanley - “Eighteen Down” (2000)
Michael Stanley does a cover of Eleanor Rigby. I have seen unsubstantiated reports of Michael and Paul meeting and Macca saying something like “love it, thats how we should have done it”. Nice if true, only MS and PM know for sure and one of them is gone now.

At the end of the video, click the top middle frame for a video that starts with another Beatles tune, from the Friends & Legends album

3 Likes

Amy Winehouse At The BBC

17 Likes

Steely Dan cousin dupree / 2000 Giant / US Promo CD single / PROCD4265

14 Likes

I read a few reviews on Amazon which said that there was a lot of skipping on some of the Rhino reissues - probably just a bad batch. Glad to see yours was fine.

Peter

I was playing the vinyl of this only the other day and it sounded fantastic. I would not have heard of it if it had not been for the great members on this forum.

Can’t seem to find a legitimate download (preferably hires) of it anywhere as I would love to be able to stream it as well.

Great choice!

Peter

Sk, check out Alphonse Mouzon 1981 recording “By All Means”, with Herbie Hancock, Lee Ritenour and others. Don’t know how similar they will be but worth hearing if it is on your streamer choices. Or YouTube has at least some of it. Jazz fusion/funk style. Jeff A

2 Likes

Steely Dan Pretzel Logic / 2011 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY 25037

Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend
Any minor world that breaks apart falls together again

19 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones

No one sings the way she does. Her youthful voice is amazing. Just love this album.

Phil

24 Likes

Paul Weller

Modern Classics: The Greatest Hits of Paul Weller - Limited Edition

Edward

12 Likes

Discovered the Tiny Desk series of intimate performances on YouTube recently, there’s some really great ones, I have YouTube on my smart telly and sound via Bluetooth to the NDX2 and sounds excellent. This guy Jon Batiste is new to me but highly entertaining…check it out.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Donald Fagen I’m Not The Same Without You / Sunken Condos / 2012 Reprise / Promo CD Single

10 Likes

At work, so sadly only on some crappy Logitech laptop speakers, the quite wonderful
Pharoahs - In The Basement. Jazz funk, free and RnB…brilliant.
People Make The World Go Round is a gorgeous track.

The band and record that deserve to better known. A good reissue would be a start.

Remember…

“The Pharoahs Love Y’all”

3 Likes

Mozart The Complete Mozart Edition Highlights / 1990 Philips / Germany CD / 0179932

6 Likes

Paul Weller

More Modern Classics

Edward

7 Likes

Kasey MusGraves, golden hour. Slow burn. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes