What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

It must be because it’s one of the best sounding standard reissues I own and one of the records I use as a reference when testing new kit.

1 Like

Jon Batiste can regularly be seen as the in-show performer on Late Night With Stephen Colbert on CBS. In 2020 Batiste, along with Nine Inch Nails band members Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, he composed the score for the Disney / Pixar animated film Soul. That won The Academy Award for Best Original Score. He’s a very talented guy and has released some good music too!

3 Likes

@steviebee thinks hes hard done by with his laptop n logitech speakers. Luxury! (Does impression of Monty Pythons Four Yorkshireman)
In my cab streaming is via my old phone bluetoothed into a brand less generic car stereo.
Anyway listening to this in anticipation of ordering the Tone Poet vinyl

Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up

:heart:

11 Likes

New Order. Movement. I was forced to watch “The pursuit of love” against my will but it did contain some decent contemporary music including a bit of this.

11 Likes

Robert Randolph & The Family Band - Got Soul
Tough, funky, blues, soul and rock with a huge sound. Blinding pedal steel playing. Loving this album.

7 Likes

Gary Brooker - Lead Me To the Water, a solid album from the Procol Harum leader.

4 Likes

Dodie - Build A Problem
Thanks to @bruss for this excellent recommendation.

4 Likes

JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - The Road To Escondido.

17 Likes

Bunch of trax from this due out mid July. First video above.

12 Likes

Thanks for this ewe, just checked, I started a thread about these performances back in Sept '19 and hoping the whole gig matches the quality of " WDLGTBSB? "

He’s a star. And the band is cool as can be.

Paul Weller

Heavy Soul

Edward

12 Likes

Double vinyl. Why? Because I LOVE this album:

10 Likes

Watched this a while back. He really is an effervescent character and talented musician. Not a bad voice either. Tiny desk concerts are a fabulous source of quality music. Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

Have to give this one a spin. I am actually a bit confused about all the Blue Note editions and whether i enjoy RVG’s take on recording and mic placement :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nils Petter Molvær - Khmer

Really growing to love this. I think it true to say it’s a bit of a favourite of what I will call the ‘ECM posse’ here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

9 Likes

Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue.

20 Likes

16 Likes

4 Likes