What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Lou Reed - Transformer

Lou Reed (Guitar, Vocals), David Bowie (Vocals), Barry DeSouza (Drums), Ritchie Dharma (Drums), Herbie Flowers (Bass Guitar, String Bass, Tuba), John Halzey (Drums), Mick Ronson (Guitar, Piano, Recorder, Vocals), Ronnie Ross (Baritone Saxophone), Thunderthighs (Vocals) and Klau Voormann (Bass Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… following the lead of @TheKevster above and taking Lou and the band for a spin and they are sounding sublime!

16 Likes

Wow. I don’t think I’ve seen WCPAEB on the forum before. This and Part Two are essential for all acid casualties, actual and hypothetical. :innocent:

1 Like

The first CD from this superb Pointer Sisters 2 CD set. A far cry from their later smooth 80s music.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Lou Reed - New York

Lou Reed (Vocals, Guitar), Fred Maher (Drums, Guitar), Mike Rathke (Guitar), Moe Tucker (Drums, Percussion) and Rob Wasserman (Electric Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Lou and the very fine ‘New York’ album and he and the band are sounding sweet!

17 Likes

Mother of God! Does this sound good!

8 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Still Life, highlights of the '81 American tour.

6 Likes

I’m thinking Serge Gainsbourg meets Lee Hazlewood.

1 Like

Agree,speaking of Lee Hazlewood,seen several comments about his recordings,any pointers at where to start with his output,I realise there’s probably a large catalogue to choose from.

1 Like

5 Likes

Yes huge and varied catalogue.

Here is a good place to start

10 Likes

First listen for this FABULOUS 2-LP collection of previously unreleased Land live performances.

4 Likes

Thanks,in the queue!

7 Likes

It took me an AGE to get hold of this. It was one of my parents favourites and so I grew up with it. I now have their LP BUT it is in rather poor condition!

Over the years I found a few over-used examples before finding an LP in a reasonable condition.

My favourite version of Jackson.

2 Likes

Eden Brent - Ain’t Got No Troubles
CD|2010
Piano blues

4 Likes

6 Likes

Some Velvet Morning is just a wonderful song. The first 25 seconds intro are just sublime and the Lee part at 4/4 time to Nancy’s 3/4 time.

5 Likes

Pierce Brothers - Into The Great Unknown- WAV CD rip
Classy folk-rock from the twins, lots of sing-along choruses and some lovely tender numbers,

4 Likes

Great album!
Production is perfect, songs are fab, and the singers…nuff said!

2 Likes

Staying with the live stuff

Rory Gallagher - Live! In Europe.

10 Likes

3 Likes