What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Bit of a Saturday afternoon chill out a beautiful record a nice. vinyl pressing too.

2 Likes

Earlier in the week I lamented not having a physical copy of this album, instructed myself to rectify forthwith…
Job done with this superb Speakers Corner re issue
Donny Hathaway - Everything Is Everything

:heart:

11 Likes

On Vinyl:

18 Likes

Analogue Productions 45RPM edition and sounding mighty fine on this rainy Saturday afternoon

15 Likes

No reasons necessary :smiley:

10 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - Eternity And A Day - Film by Theo Anglelopoulos

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Sergiu Nastasa (Violin), Renato Ripo (Violoncello), Iraklis Vavatsikas (Accordion), La Camerata, Athens: Loukas Karytinos (Director), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Nikos Guinos (Clarinet), Spyros Kazianis (Bassoon), Vangelis Skouras (French Horn), Aris Dimitriiadis (Mandolin), Manthos Halkias (Clarinet), Kostas Siamidis (Lyra from Pontos), Kostas Sahinidis (Accordion), Katrin Zenz (Flute) and Fabrizio Bentivoglio (Voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… opening this morning with Eleni’s ‘Eternity and a Day’ on a warm and sunny morning. The music is warm, wonderful, comforting and peaceful and a lovely way to ease into the weekend. A beautiful album and sounding absolutely sublime!

2 Likes

Desmond Dekker & The Aces - 007 Shanty Town (Trojan/Music On Vinyl 1967)
Another nicely pressed classic from the Rocksteady period, most will be familiar with the smash title track that brought Desmond International stardom, the rest is equally fine music from the period…
As the sleeve note says songs of Love, politics, nagging woman, JA Independance and gang warfare

:heart:

7 Likes

Mr Weller’s new offering and I like it, some great tracks. Vinyl is not perfect which is a little disappointing

6 Likes

Before Bowie - Mott the Hoople - Wildlife

13 Likes

Anathema | A Fine Day To Exit | 2001
This was the album where they finally jettisoned their doom and metal beginnings and went down the atmospheric rock road with no growling! Good stuff.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads and quick review of this one @johnt :+1:

1 Like

Now playing…

Joni Mitchell - Blue

|Joni Mitchell (Keyboards, Piano, Vocals), Sneaky Pete Kleinow (Pedal Steel Guitar), Russ Kunkel (Drums), Stephen Stills (Bass, Bass Guitar) and James Taylor (Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this Saturday morning with Joni and she and the band are sounding mighty fine!

30 Likes

2 x LP - 2011 Limited Edition, Reissue Splatter pink vinyl 365/500

Richard Sinclair – bass guitar, acoustic guitar, vocals
Pye Hastings – electric guitars, acoustic guitar, vocals
Dave Sinclair – Hammond organ, piano, Mellotron, harmony vocals
Richard Coughlan – drums and percussion

Additional personnel

Jimmy Hastings – flute, tenor sax, piccolo
Dave Grinsted – cannon, bell and wind
John Beecham – trombone on “Golf Girl”

Recordings from Decca Studios & AIR Studios, London Sept 1970 - Jan 1971

24 Likes

11 Likes

Bob Dylan - Saved.

Album 20 of 52. The journey continues…

5 Likes

Amon Düül II | Tanz der Lemminge | 1971
Why? Well, just because it’s great to have this wonderful early prog/art rock album back in the collection once again.

6 Likes

Hi Dread, what’s the SQ of this one?

Great album, for sure.

1 Like

Don’t know what has spaced me out more, this album, Leicester winning the F.A. Cup or the vino.

15 Likes

Best of that trilogy I think Graeme. Gospel produced by the great Jerry Wexler I think.
Pressing on is special to me.

Spoiler alert. I did have it recorded to watch later. Oh well, back to the music.:woozy_face: