What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Incredible string band. Wee Tam and the Big Huge…
Fourth album from my favourite band. 1968 and in my top 10 albums of all time.

Farewell sorrow, Praise God the open door,
I ain’t got no home in this world anymore.

8 Likes

Three posts in a row! Wow. Er…4

Oops sorry!

1 Like

1 Like

Matt Elliot brings the dark acoustic picking and strumming of Jake Thackray into the modern era.

Only Myocardial Infarction Can Break Your Heart - Matt Elliot.

The opening song, The Right To Cry, is long form song at its best. Mysterious and accessible at one and the same time.

1 Like

All About Eve. CD. We have a couple of CDs, ( my Wife’s). Really good.

612Emn0JQ5L.AC_SX355

7 Likes

Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up.

There has been a lot of praise for these records on this forum so I decided to get one and hear for myself. I am pleased to say it is wonderful. From the original recording almost 57 years ago to the sleeve quality and not least the sound quality. Also an impressively clean pressing. Happy me!

11 Likes

Space Ritual - Otherworld - WAV CD rip
Heavy space rock from a band fronted by Nik Turner and rich with ex-Hawkwind players, and it’s a great example of its kind.
Edited to fix album title after a kind reminder from Geoff.

4 Likes

Stackridge The Man In The Bowler Hat / 2007 Angel Air / UK CD / SJPCD232

On a quiet evening, reliving good memories with this disc, brilliantly produced by George Martin.

13 Likes

Brendan Croker - The Great Indoors, a lovely album from the erstwhile Notting Hillbillie.

3 Likes

Kaleo. Bought in a fab record and bookshop in Isafjord ( don’t know the correct spelling) in Iceland. Great band, amazing country.

2 Likes

Hawkwind - Greasy Truckers Party CD 3 - WAV CD rip
Sticking with the space rock theme, Hawkwind playing in 1972, a chaotic multi-band gig interrupted by a power cut. The ‘Wind on fine form.

8 Likes

Now playing…

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71cTh1idzuL.SL1200 .jpg

Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue – UN-mastered

Patricia Barber (Piano, Vocals), Maya Angelou (Spoken Word), Michael Arnopol (Bass), John McLean (Guitar) and Mark Walker (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on NAS… comnpleted today’s exercise routine and now sitting down for lunch with Patricia and her ‘Cafe Blue – UN-mastered’ album which I just love! One very sweet album and Patricia and the band are sounding sublime…

10 Likes

Nancy Sinatra - Start Walkin’ 1965 - 1976

On Vinyl

This wonderful album again

11 Likes

I played the reissued Belladonna LP by Ian Carr earlier, which in turn prompted a stream of this album.

Full on fusion.

Velvet Darkness - Alan Holdsworth.

4 Likes

Brand X - Morrocan Roll.

7 Likes

Celtic Woman, destiny. Nice smooth easy start to a Sunday. :relieved:

4 Likes

Nice before sleeping

4 Likes

Yuri Gagarin - At The Center Of All Infinity - 24/48 WAV download
Sticking with space rock, moving away from Hawkwind and offshoots, this excellent modern Swedish band play heavy psychedelic space rock really well, with clear influence from the ‘Wind (listen to some of the driving guitar work).

3 Likes

Found this in the mailbox today. Great sounding album following in the footsteps of Your Queen is a Reptile.

8 Likes