What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

This was a new release on Quboz yesterday and I have listened to it 4 times in two days. It’s really is great.

15 Likes

Superb piano/cello duets, on CD:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Verse

Patricia Barber (vocals, piano, Fender Rhodes), Neal Alger (guitars), Michael Arnopol (bass), Joey Baron (drums 1-4, 6-10), Dave Douglas (trumpet), Eric Montzka -drums 5) and Cliff Colnot String Ensemble (2).

Streaming on NAS… moving into mid-afternoon hour with Patricia’s ‘Verse’ and just love this talented band leader, composer, song writer, pianist, and singer, Patricia does it all! This is one beautiful album and she and the band are sounding so sweet…

10 Likes

Wes Montgomery - California Dreaming.

11 Likes

Yuri Gagarin - The Outskirts of Reality - 16/44 WAV download
I missed this when it came out 18 months ago, so first listen, and another helping of high-quality heavy space rock, fine album.

3 Likes

I think that you meant to type Otherworld, because that is definitely not Underworld. :+1:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Pat Metheny - Tokyo Day Trip

Pat Metheny (Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Sitar), Christian McBride (Acoustic Bass) and Antonio Sanchez (Drums, Orchestra Bells).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Pat and this fantastic trio and they are sounding sublime! …an album really worth the time to give a spin.

12 Likes

Listening to Fleetwood Mac, greatest hits. :relieved:

15 Likes

Just Finishing…

Pat Metheny - Watercolors

Pat Metheny (Guitar, 12-String Guitar, 15-String Harpguitar), Lyle Mays (Piano), Eberhard Weber (Bass) and Dan Gottlieb (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… going with another release from Pat and this very talented quartet and and as usual the quartet is sounding mighty sweet! A beautiful album…

12 Likes

I always try and buy a few CDs whenever I’m on holidays and this is one I bought holidaying in Cork city in 2008 in HMV ( also managed to buy a 2003 Lexus which is still the car du jour).

Probably haven’t listened to this as much as I should, it’s a pretty good LC album with a band feel.

.sjb

4 Likes

Loved the Queen, I’ll have a listen later today. :+1:

1 Like

My last day with my beloved NAC272. :cry:

Bowie Ziggy.

33 Likes

Listening to Loreena McKennitt, live at the Royal Albert Hall since @Graeme recommended her live performance. Very nice. :+1:

Using this video to help me picture her performance.

5 Likes

@Pete_the_painter , is the nac272 a loaner or you are upgrading it? Happy auditioning / shopping / upgrading. :blush:

No I’ve traded it in on a NAC525/NDX2 combo, gets installed tomorrow.

3 Likes

Oic, necessary evil in this game I guess. Sounds like you have good dealer support so I trust the journey should be a pleasant one. All the best! Happy listening and playing with new toys - ndx 2. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Love Forever Changes

19 Likes

Emmylou Harris, the ballad of Sally Rose. :relieved:

12 Likes

A great local ( just down the road) band Little Quirks Cover My Eyes (EP)

1 Like

Son of Kemet Black to the Future

5 Likes