What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Haven’t listened to this one for some time. Nikki Lane, highway queen. Yippee ki yay! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

On CD:-

The Beatles - With The Beatles

21 Likes

The Black Keys certainly do justice in their covers of the Mississippi hill country blues.
“The album was recorded “in about 10 hours”, with little planning and no advance rehearsals.” - Wikipedia

5 Likes

Ricki Lee Jones, Hi five. :raised_hand:

10 Likes

Sarah King - “The Hour” (2021) Very much enjoying this ep posted earlier on this thread. Thanks to someone.

3 Likes

following with:

Sarah King & The Guilty Henchmen - “What Happened Last Night” (2019)

3 Likes

Lucinda Williams, car wheels on a gravel road. :relieved:

16 Likes

Donald Byrd The Best Of Donald Byrd / 1992 Blue Note / US CD / CDP7986382

11 Likes

Belated look back at the late U Roy from Bandcamp some interesting and less obvious picks

:heart:

1 Like

Saint Etienne - Fox Base Alpha

6 Likes

CD - Columbia Legacy from the Sony Music 2012 box-set : )

<>

Happy Birthday Taj Mahal! :birthday: :cake: :yum:

born Henry Saint Clair Fredericks on 17th May 1942 in Harlem, Manhattan, New York :us:

:balloon: 79 years old TODAY! :smiley:

16 Likes

Kevin Morby - “Sundowner” (2020)

3 Likes

Everything But The Girl Temperamental / 1999 Virgin / EU CD / CDV2892

7 Likes

Georgie Fame - Cool Cat Blues

Entertaining groove on this, as a big fan of JA music the cod Reggae version of Yeah Yeah makes me chuckle (mind you he played with a lot of great JA artists in The Flamingo days, so hats off)

Fame’s classy, economic Hammond and a great voice is backed by a world class band including Steve Gadd, Robben Ford, Richard Tee, Will Lee, Ralph MacDonald, Hugh McCracken and an uber horn section. Fame’s classy, economic Hammond and great voice inspires superb duets with Bozz Scaggs and Richard Tee. Van Morrison, Fame’s erstwhile boss, joins him on “Moondance” and one of his heroes, Jon Hendricks, aids him to fly through “Little Pony”.

There is a slowed down, super sexy “Yeah,Yeah” and a blistering take on Willie Dixon’s “I Love The Life I Live”. If you like Brother Ray, Mose Allison, Hoagy Carmichael, Van the Man, Peggy Lee and Lambert, Hendricks & Ross then you’ll love this.

7 Likes

Junior Kimbrough. 2002 compilation. The only music I have by him is on cassette tape so checking out what’s available on streaming services.

6 Likes

Birdy - Young Heart

8 Likes

2 Likes

Check out Fat Possum records

1 Like

Yes I do have a few albums on this label, most notably RL Burnside.

2 Likes

Hi @Dreadatthecontrols By strange coincidence I have this second hand CD (snapped below) on my ‘coffee table pile’ to listen to when I can get around to it. When I saw the Georgie Fame disc in your post, I recognised the cover graphic style and realised it was from the same series!

It features Vinny Colaiuta, Dr. John, Russell Ferrante, Robben Ford, Will Lee, Eddie Gomez, Tom Harrell, Bob Mintzer and Steve Gadd.

Bob Malach Mood Swing / 1991 Go Jazz / Germany CD / vBr20452

4 Likes