What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Prefer his earlier stuff to this album. Still don’t think he has made that killer album that is in him. Not sure if you have heard Bryce Janey but if not try his Blues in my Soul album think you might like it if you like Albert

Steve Winwood - About Time.

11 Likes

Latest Hayley Williams, very different feel to her debut solo album Petals for Armor last year which ended up being one of my favourites of the year.

2 Likes

:rofl:
Tbh I spotted the error but it amused me so I left it :grin:
:heart:

1 Like

Transangelic Exodus - Ezra Furman

5 Likes

5 track live sampler of Paul Weller’s new record Fat Pop

2 Likes

The Black Keys - Delta Kream - 24/48 Qobuz
Lots of love for this in the last few days, and I can see why. Blooz.

17 Likes

I’ve been enjoying that too, listening in my cab, I kept thinking some of it sounded familiar, wasn’t until this morning that I found it’s a covers album, plonker!
:heart:

3 Likes

Missed this one, I really liked their previous album will have to give this a whirl. Thanks.

1 Like

Gosh this was a long while ago, but still sounds great

17 Likes

Not a big Steely Dan lover but I have always enjoyed

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly.

23 Likes

Now playing…

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon

Roger Waters (Bass Guitar, Tape Effects, VCS 3 Synthesizer, Vocals), David Gilmour (Guitar, VCS 3 Synthesizer, Vocals), Lesley Duncan (Vocals), Nick Mason (Percussion, Tape Effects), D-ick Parry (Saxophone), Barry St. John (Vocals), Liza Strike (Vocals), Clare Torry (Vocals), Doris Troy (Vocals) and Richard Wright (Keyboards, VCS 3 Synthesizer, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Pink Floyd’s DSOTM album after reading in the ‘Grand Cafe’ thread that @Pete_the_painter added a new streamer and preamp and some tracks from the album would be a good test. So any excuse is good as another to take DSOTM out for a spin… and the band is sounding mighty sweet!

31 Likes

Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan - In Session - WAV CD rip
Two legendary blues guitarists recorded live for a TV show, some great blues songs played by two of the finest ever to strap on a Flying V and a Strat, both get plenty of lead work while the other provides pretty near perfect rhythm playing, King’s touring band know him well and do a sterling job. Don’t get much better.

15 Likes

Julian Bream
Concierto De Aranjuez For Guitar And Orchestra
Concerto For Lute And Strings / The Courtly Dances from Gloriana

10 Likes

And an excellent choice ( top of the morning to you as well). :+1:

1 Like

Very nice live recording from Chet in Dallas back in 1985.

5 Likes

This album has been getting some :heart: from forum members and I can hear why.

15 Likes

Now playing…

Kasey Springs - Soul Eyes

Kandace Springs (Vocals, Fender Rhodes, Piano), Terence Blanchard (Trumpet), |Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums), Jesse Harris (Acoustic Guitar), Larry Klein Celeste, Fender Rhodes, Percussion), Pete Korpela (Congas, Percussion), Pete Kuzma (Organ, Wurlitzer Piano), Dan Lutz (Bass) and Dean Parks (Guitar, Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Monday afternoon with Kandace and she and this talented group of musicians are sounding wonderland! It is easy to melt right into the couch with Kandace’s beautiful voice…

14 Likes

Lou Reed. Berlin.
It’s so cold in Alaska.

12 Likes

I was lamenting the scrapping of my vinyl copy of that earlier today. Such a powerful album. Love it.

2 Likes