What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Diana Ross - Blue, essentially leftovers from the Lady Sings The Blues project, but just as strong as those tracks selected.

7 Likes

Jimi Hendrix - Blues - WAV CD rip
Posthumous compilation of Jimi playing the blues, some rough and ready moments, but basically it’s blues guitar playing of the highest order, classic blues and Jimi improvisation seamlessly blending, and he shows he can really sing the blues.

14 Likes

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen - What was said

Tord Gustavsen (Piano, Electronics, Synth Bass), Simin Tander (Voice) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on NAS… continuing on this afternoon with Tord’s ‘What was said’ album. A wonderful album and Simin’s voice is beautiful and seductive with Tord and Jarle supporting her every word. A wonderful project mixing poetry and music, Christianity and Sufism along with verse of Persian mystic Jalal al-Din Rumi (1207-73) and US proto-Beat poet Kenneth Rexroth (1905-82). Possibly something for everyone. …or perhaps not, but I know I enjoy the music quite a bit, really one sweet album!

3 Likes

Following few posts especially from @igahman and giving the new Black Keys album a spin. Unfortunately I’m upstairs in the office this morning so listening through my Muso. Loving what I’m hearing so far, excellent stuff.

Delta Kream

13 Likes

Still waiting on mail delivery for my copy. Glad to see all the positive notes.

1 Like

Old Crow Medicine Show - O.C.M.S
CD|2004
Bluegrass, folk.

3 Likes

Think you’ll like it, great album.

1 Like

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen Trio - The Ground

Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Harald Johnsen (Double-Bass) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another album from Tord and the trio is sounding sublime! ‘The Ground’ is one beautiful album…

7 Likes

I must watch this latest movie remake again - Bradley Cooper - wow, Lady Gaga - stunning!

4 Likes

Bob Evens Tomorrowland

4 Likes

Now playing…

Paul Weller - True Meanings

Paul Weller (Bells, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hammond B3, Harmonium, Mellotron, Melodica, Piano, Pump Organ, Vibraphone, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Jo Allen (Strings), Rod Argent (Mellotron, Piano), Lizzie Ball (Strings), Natalia Bonner (Strings), Maxine Boxall (Vocals), Steve Brookes (Guitar), Anth Brown (Bass, Acoustic Guitar), Barrie Cadogan (Guitar), Martin Carthy (Guitar, Vocals),
Erland Cooper (Vocals), Jessica Cox Strings), Steve Cradock (Autoharp, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar), |Andy Crofts (Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Nashville Guitar, String Arrangements, Vocals), Rosie Danvers (Strings), Paloma Deike (Strings), Tom Doyle (Drums, Hammond B3, Mellotron, Wurlitzer), Isabelle Dunn (Cello, Strings), Colin Elliot (Bass Guitar, Percussion), Noel Gallagher (Harmonium, Hammond organ), Daniella Ganeva (Vibraphone), Ben Gordelier (Drums), Richard Hawley (Drums, Stylophone), Tom Heel (Fender Rhodes, Vocals), Jon Trier (Keyboards), Becky Jones (Strings), Jan “Stan” Kybert (Glockenspiel, Percussion), Sheema Murkajee (Sitar, Tamboura, Vocals), Conor OBrien (Bass, Drums, Fender Rhodes, Mini Moog, Vocals), Stella Page (Strings), Antonia Pagulatos (Strings), Hannah Peel (String Arrangements), Steve Pilgrim (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Hayley Pomfrett (Strings), Charles Rees (Electric Organ, Synthesizer Bass), Lucy Rose (Vocals), Kotono Sato (Strings), Kamalbir Singh (Violin), Amy Stanford (Strings), Ellie Stanford (Strings), Laura Stanford (Strings), Chris Storr (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), The Stuart Kennedy Orchestra,Danny Thompson (Double Bass), Phil Veacock (Horn Arrangements, Sax (Baritone), Sax (Tenor), and Alistair White (Trombone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… a random pick while some dinner prep underway and Paul and his fine & talented group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet!

11 Likes

Reviews of his new Fat Pop are mixed

Have you listened to it seakayaker ?

I’m a fan but haven’t heard it yet

I’m going to give it a spin later today.

Beck Morning Phase

18 Likes

Norman Blake / Tut Taylor / Sam Bush / Butch Robins / Vassar Clements / David Holland / Jethro Burns issued on HDS 701, US 1975

Now with the fabulous Highphonic MC-A3 MC cart and 0.9 up to 1.1 gr stylus pressure

1 Like

The UFO has landed - Denon DP-6000 with FR-64s, SPU Gold (80´s limited series)

Idris Muhammad ‎- Boogie To The Top issued on Kudu KU-38, US 1978

2 Likes

Genesis Invisible Touch

13 Likes

I don’t know this artist very well, but this record is not bad. the disc you suggested is also very nice

Florence + The Machine High as Hope

7 Likes

Next try Walter Trout

1 Like