What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Impulse was such a great label!
My mind-altering introduction to Impulse was the 1972 triple set Energy Essentials, which I bought after hearing Pharoah Sanders awhile before on Mike Raven’s RnB show…

One of my most-loved records…literally blew my head open back then and still does.

6 Likes

:joy: :+1:

1 Like

Looks very nice!
Theres one described as Mint/VG £35 on Discogs

Btw what’s with the collaro TT mat?
:heart:

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. So smooth I am sliding off my chair. :relaxed:

15 Likes

The Collaro? A good-sounding mat is all. Preferred it to my Linn felt. I occasionally swap in a leather mat but always go back to the red…

Loved Hollie Cook! I had it wrong. It wasn’t In Dub I had, but Twice! Early onset I reckon :wink:

1 Like

Leather? Not seen one of those. The Collaro makes a difference? I thought they made sports car seats.

Hey while I’m here, did you get the Hollie Cooks? No like?
:heart:

Leather mat is a German one, Sonic Voice - was recommended by the great Ray @ Graham’s…

Hollie - edited above!!!

LP - A&M Records 1977 : )

Rick Wakeman – keyboards
Tony Fernandez – drums, percussion
St Paul’s Cathedral Choir

Recorded at CBS Studios, Wembley, London. 1976

<>

:balloon: Happy Birthday Rick Wakeman! :birthday:

born on 18th May 1949 in the west London suburb of Perivale :uk:

:musical_keyboard: 72 years old TODAY! :smiley: :+1:

18 Likes

Robinella and the Cruz Contreras Stringband
Great vocals from Robinella Contreras, mandolin from Cruz and pulsating bass from Taylor Coker. A mix of jazz, blues, pop and bluegrass all done with hugely impressive musicianship. There is a similarity to Alison Krauss and Union Station.

2 Likes

In the mood for some Santana

22 Likes

Rick Wakeman The Six Wives Of Henry VIII / 2014 A&M / Germany CD / 5356246

Celebrating Rick’s birthday with a trip down memory lane - bought the LP when originally released!

rwakemansixwivescd

17 Likes

Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Broadcasting From Home
More simple music, in the calm sense

7 Likes

Out-there sounds from the Herbster, on an excellent-sounding Vocalion SACD:

11 Likes

Continuing on with Michael Stanley solo releases in chronological order. IMO the quality stayed high and he just kept putting them out there for his fans.

Michael Stanley - “American Road” (2005)

1 Like

That’s Vocalion @TheKevster!

They do release some reasonably priced and great sounding Hybrid SACD’s on that label.

1 Like

Junior Kimbrough - Most Things Haven’t Worked Out.

Following all the love for The Black Keys and Delta Kream, time to get into the original source of many of the choons on there.

Released in '97, and sounding stunningly good … 'nother belter!

Edit: apologies to @dknk, just noticed you had posted this one only recently. :pray:

7 Likes

Didn’t purchase this after last weeks mixed reviews on here, instead chose to stream it to see whether it’s worth purchasing….it’s certainly not a classic buts it’s far from a bad album, some really nice touches….now on the to buy list :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Bloody auto-correct! Yes, Geoff they do some excellent-value SACDs.

1 Like

Peter Case - The Midnight Broadcast
A mix of blues and folk covers with some original material. You are taken on a road trip in the middle of the night as the radio plays. Another Case masterpiece.

5 Likes

7 Likes