What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

You’ll be needing the debut and In Dub then :wink:
:heart:

1 Like

Got em :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What I need to do, is look at my Slits stuff and see if I have any where Hollie was a member of the band.

1 Like

Billy F Gibbons - Hardware
Streaming (Qobuz) 3 tracks Lucky Card, West Coast Junkie and Desert High from Billy’s new album released 4th June. I can report it is the usual great stuff.

8 Likes

Thanks John, found it

1 Like

Iron Maiden

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (2015 Remaster)

Edward

7 Likes

Nikolaus Harnoncourt (Conducting )

8 Likes

Rev. Peyton’s Big Damn Band - Dance Songs For Hard Times
This is one Damn fine blues album that jumps out of the speakers, this album chugs and boogies, loudly.

8 Likes

Goldfrapp | Felt Mountain | 2000
Arguably still her best album, it was a fine debut and is always a joy to play again.

19 Likes

Good to know, thanks @johnt :sunglasses:

1 Like

Donald Fagen Century’s End / 1988 Warner / Germany 3 inch CD single / W7972CD

Time for a little Donald from the film ‘Bright Lights, Big City’.

1 Century’s End
2 Shanghai Confidential
3 The Nightfly
4 The Goodbye Look

8 Likes

Michael Stanley - “The Farrago Sessions” (2006) MS releases a disc of cover songs. It included a great medley of Sweet Jane/Wichi Tai To and also Dead Flowers.

2 Likes

The good Captain’s Trout Mask Replica (Third Man vinyl version, thanks to @steviebee for the heads up), sounding mighty fine! I don’t really get this album’s reputation for being impenetrable/difficult/unlistenable at all…

16 Likes

Jorda Smith, lass from the Black Country, beautiful voice…

2 Likes

I absolutely agree, Kev. It’s an an album of perceived dissonance and ugliness - but what I hear is some great multi-clattering country blues, great warmth, humanity and humour, wrapped up in some foxy cross-rhythms and very sharp playing.

My personal favourite will always be Strictly Personal, but I love Trout Mask too…

3 Likes

Definitely going to buy this one - but do you think it will ever appear as a HiRes version ?

I missed out on this one but just found out that it’s being re-released (same pressing etc) at the beginning of August. Pre-ordered at Rough Trade who have been very reliable for me in the past. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Half way through Richard Thompson’s autobiog Beeswing - very good it is too. Needs a suitable soundtrack so streaming a few including the gorgeous and appropriate Who Knows Where the Time Goes with Sandy’s ethereal voice and Richard’s beautiful restrained guitar playing.

10 Likes

Eva Cassidy - Songbird
Not quite so peaceful, I had forgotten her range and dynamics.
Interesting, two records played today brought to public attention in the UK by BBC Radio DJs

20 Likes

Happy Birthday Toyah! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born in Kings Heath, Birmingham on 18th May 1958 :uk:

63 years young Today! :cake: :yum:

17 Likes

I must say that I thought that too. I listened to the track ‘Don’t Go To Strangers’ on Qobuz before listening to the whole set. That piece is a particular favourite from the DVD set of the same recordings. The DVD version does seem to have more depth to it than the version on Qobuz.

1 Like