What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

A fine album…

13 Likes

Miles Davis - ‘Round About Midnight’ CBS Coronet Records (1957)

One of my prized possessions I have the Mofi remaster but prefer this Australian 1st press.

![image|375x500]

18 Likes

The Best Of Booker T & The MG’s, the Stax years.

10 Likes

Miles Davis Kind of Blue / 2016 Columbia / 2 CD Edition / Germany CD / 88985363572

Playing the excellent Disc 2 this evening, kind of…

2-1 On Green Dolphin Street 9:48
2-2 Fran-Dance 5:48
2-3 Stella By Starlight 4:43
2-4 Love For Sale 11:46
2-5 Fran-Dance (Alternate Take) 5:51
2-6 So What 17:28

15 Likes

15 Likes

Super piano trio jazz from Saft, on CD:

4 Likes

Talented singer-songwriter. I really enjoy all her albums and hoping to see her live when her cancelled UK tour finally takes place.

7 Likes

Andrew Hill - Passing Ships
Charles Lloyd & The Marvels - Tone Poem
Graham Parker - Howlin Wind
Elvis Costello - My AIM is True
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

All vinyl.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Ketil Bjornstad - Grace

Ketil Bjørnstad (Piano), Anneli Drecker (Vocals), Bendik Hofseth (Saxophones, Vocals), Arild Andersen (Double Bass), Trilok Gurtu (Percussion), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics) and Jan Bang (Samplings, Electronics).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Ketil and his beautiful ‘Grace’ album. Ketil and his talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! One very fine album…

1 Like

Peggy Lee / George Shearing - Beauty and the Beat!

7 Likes

Marin Alsop Baltimore SO - Dvorák Symphony No. 9 - WAV CD rip
I don’t listen to the New World Symphony enough, it’s beautiful stirring music, I really enjoy this performance by Alsop’s Baltimore.

5 Likes

Osian - Dove Across The Water
A change from earlier in the day. Leading up to

Is it going too far to say godfathers of British folk? Wow, they look so young…

2 Likes

Gary Burton Take Another Look

Listening to a selection of tracks from this great compilation of GB’s output on different labels - RCA / Atlantic / ECM / GRP / Concord / Mack Avenue

6 Likes

Woh haven’t seen that for years, it brought back a lot memories some good others not so. :grin:

1 Like

Original 1998 vinyl. Never tire of this:

22 Likes

Now playing…

Lee Ann Womack - The Lonely, The Lonesome & The Gone

Lee Ann Womack](Vocals), Ethan Ballinger (Guitar, Kayagum, Vocals), Shawn Camp (Vocals), Christina Courtin (Strings), Glen Duncan (Fiddle), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), Annalise Liddell (Guitar, Vocals), Frank Liddell (Guitar, Vocals), Waylon Payne (Guitar), Jerry Roe (Bass, Drums), Glenn Worf (Bass, Drums) and Adam Wright (Guitar, Keyboards, Tremolo).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Lee Ann and this fantastic album released in October 2017. A fantastic voice combined by a talented group of musicians make for one sweet album! …some wonderful lyrics and music and worth the time to take out for a spin.

5 Likes

Criminally underrated group

OMD Architecture and Morality.

.sjb

13 Likes

UK first press from a frighteningly long time ago. Still sounds fresh though.

20 Likes

Who knows? Never say never, but if you want it then I’d say just buy a version you can play today and enjoy it.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve not come across Grant Haua before. Album sounds great! I’m a long time fan of Paul Ubana Jones, he’s a similarly talented bluesman.