What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Natalie Merchant, paradise is there. The new tigerlily recordings. I am already in paradise listening to this. :relieved:

14 Likes

Love a bit of Manu Delago, who I first came across with his stunning Parasol Peak album and now have a few of his back catalogue, most recently Metromonk and Circadian Live, which both have some stunning dynamics on them. Find it particularly good to work to, my Daughters usually just comment “you listen to some messed up xxx!”.

2 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Letter to You
Watching the film on ATV+

16 Likes

Parked up on the Sussex Cliff’s, despite forecasts mostly blue sky n sunshine looking out over a Carribeanesque azure sea with some vibes from Ini Kamoze and Sly n Robbie

Ini Kamoze - Statement (1984)

Originally released in 1984, the same year his self-titled debut mini-album hit the streets. Despite problems with the mix, a certain lack of weight in the riddim section and some slighty cheesy effects here and there, this is Ini Kamoze’s second strong album. In comparison with his debut LP, the production and the songs featured on “Statement” are a little more fleshed out. However, the dark feel of his true dancehall masterpiece can still be experienced, although here it’s perhaps slightly less menacing around. Ini Kamoze’s real strength is his voice and melodic lines, which are very catchy in each and every song. After almost 36 years most of the tracks still pack a punch, which despite Sly & Robbie’s dated technological experiments really says something. True highlights are “Babylon, Babylon” (aka “Statement”), “I Want It Ital”, “Call The Police” and “England Be Nice” – in 2013 reinterpreted by Protoje for his song “Kingston Be Wise”.
:heart:

You’ve just cost me a pretty penny David, didn’t have this one and now have a few of her albums on the way to plug the gaps, the original Tiger Lily going for a reasonable amount on vinyl on a major retailer, which was a nice surprise.

Will look forward to them arriving, thanks for posting and jogging the memory.

1 Like

Fourplay Between The Sheets / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28090

Bob James Keyboards
Lee Ritenour Guitar
Nathan East Bass
Harvey Mason Drums

7 Likes

Staggeringly good 3CD “audio documentary” of FZ’s Uncle Meat album.

The best SQ of this album, for me, and undoubtedly his early pinnacle of instrumental composition.

Like the aforementioned Trout Mask Replica, this album just makes great sense. Exuberant.

Meat Light: The Uncle Meat Project - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention.

3 Likes

Elton John - Blue Moves, this double album just seems to improve with the years and is beautifully recorded. Really enjoying the driving drumming of Roger Pope on the more up tempo numbers.

14 Likes

Yello - Stellar

Is it Desire or Vicious Games, or Let Me Cry in a Desert Inn. Oh Yeah!

Phil

13 Likes

The Police Regatta De Blanc

Time for the guys in blue, I hope my leg don’t break…

thepolicereggatta

25 Likes

Energy galore and some great tunes.

16 Likes

Bit of the Ozrics on CD while I get ready (cutting, sanding and staining a backplate) for the new turntable shelf installation (Quadraspire SVT, been gathering dust for awhile).

Can’t beat Sunhair for steadying the mind.

9 Likes

Loving this album…
Charles Lloyd & The Marvels - Tone Poem

Tone Poem is the third full-length album by Charles Lloyd & The Marvels , the genre-straddling quintet that features the master saxophonist with Bill Frisell on guitar, Greg Leisz on pedal steel guitar, Reuben Rogers on bass, and Eric Harland on drums. Following the band’s 2016 debut I Love To See You and their 2018 collaboration with Lucinda Williams Vanished Gardens, the nine dynamic instrumental tracks here include new Lloyd originals along with pieces by Ornette Coleman , Thelonious Monk , Leonard Cohen , Gabor Szabo , and Bola de Nieve . The vinyl edition of Tone Poem was supervised by Joe Harley and will be the first-ever new release to be presented as part of Blue Note’s acclaimed Tone Poet Vinyl Series.
:heart:

11 Likes

Nice to hear this again

9 Likes

Marcus Miller The Sun Don’t Lie / 1993 PRA Records / Japan CD / VICJ5042

4 Likes

Continuing with The Jam.

13 Likes

1974 - (Ginger) Baker * Gurvitz / Hearts on Fire

5 Likes

Are you sure steadying is the right word?

1 Like

8 Likes

This is the new Steve Wilson mixes of recordings made for the first three Gentle Giant albums.

I just upgraded my preamp from a 152xs to a pre-loved 82. Wow! “Nothing At All” has never sounded this good! A tremendous improvement overall and this CD is stunning!

I now have the odd combo of an 82/TeddyPardo Dual Teddy/155xs. My next upgrade path is clear, however, I can certainly live with this combo for a while…

1 Like