What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Diana Panton - If The Moon Turns Green

Diana Panton (Vocals), Reg Schwager (Guitar) and Don Thompson (Bass, Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Diana and she and the trio is sounding sublime! I placed this album in the queue a few days back and finally getting it out for a spin and her voice and the trio is a nice surprise and an excellent way to ease into the day…

4 Likes

Always an enjoyable listen

9 Likes

Following Charles Lloyd this drifted in to play
A new name on me, really nicely played and relaxing set, a few familiar pieces and some originals, one of those sort of time standing still as the music draws you in records
Franco Ambrossetti Band - Lost Within You
R-17191792-1612091838-3183.jpeg

:heart:

1 Like

The Dave Brubeck Quartet ‎- Time Out, Columbia ‎CS 8192, US 2nd Stereo Press 1959

21 Likes

Came today. Abbey Is Blue is one of my top five jazz albums ever and as far as I’m concerned, it more than holds its own with those other greats released in 1959, Kind Of Blue, Time Out, Mingus Ah Um and The Shape Of Jazz To Come.

This KG-cut, Pallas-pressed Craft Recordings version also sounds exceptional. Absolutely essential.

7 Likes

Thanks Dread :+1:
Without looking, I don’t think I have Revenge…
I’ll search out a copy and get it!

1 Like

Ooh, released before the 28th then?
Ebay sellers have it as still pre-order.

I only have Straight Ahead
Think I’ll follow your recommendation!

1 Like

Ordered a copy! Thanks for the tip

1 Like

Haven’t listened to this for a while, I’m reorganising my vinyl and thought it needed an airing

17 Likes

On CD:-

Steely Dan - Katy Lied

21 Likes

Did the release get brought forward? It’s still showing 28th May at my usual sources
Cheers

I’ll second that! I have a pretty good analogue Ars pressing, but this new Craft one is reasonably priced so difficult to resist really

If I can be excused going off Topic briefly…
Just curious, does anyone know anything about the Ars! Label? As far as I can tell from Discogs, Abbey Lincoln is the only record they put out.
There is still a website (see the above pic) but it’s in German which I’m afraid I dont Spreken ze
Cheers

2 Likes

My favourite Hendrix :+1:

No Dread, I got it early… dunno why, probably because I am incredibly important. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Nice to have friends in high places :+1:

1 Like

:man_farmer:

You are.
AKA “The Hat”

1 Like

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne - Just A Little Lovin’

Shelby Lynne (Vocals, Guitar), Kevin Axt (Electric Bass, Upright Bass). Curt Bisquera (Drums), Gregg Field (Drums), Rob Mathes (Keyboards) and Dean Parks (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this Wednesday morning with Shelby and the band and they are sounding sublime! I have not had this album out for awhile and it certainly deserves more air time, Shelby covers Dusty Springfield so well…

16 Likes

Change of flavour.

5 Likes

A quick look at their site and using my schoolboy German, they seem to be a general blog site about music - keeping records clean, reading music, advice on transporting records etc. Nothing about them as a label as far as I can see.

It appears the record you have was cut by Joachim Hinsch.

Yep, same as @TheKevster…site is available in Deutsch or English on my browser. It’s just blogs n articles as The Hat said.

Is your LP actually on/have an Ars label? I reckon a distro or some such…

2 Likes