What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

2 Likes

My 60’s vibe continues, one of my favourite live rock recordings from the time

9 Likes

Now playing…

Katie Melua - Album No. 8

Katie Melua (Vocals), Zurab Melua (Guitar), Leo Abrahams (Guitar, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Strings), Deisadez Akaki (Violin), Jajanidze Ana (Violin), Tea Bakhtadze (Viola), Bela Bardzimashvili (Viola), Mariam Chikvaidze (Viola), Vasil Demetrashvili (Double Bass), Sam Dixon (Bass Guitar, Piano), Mark Edwards (Hammond organ), Londrishvili Ekaterine (Violin), Lamara Gegelia (Cello), Tim Harries (Fender Rhodes, Bass Guitar, Piano, Wurlitzer), Georgiy Imanov (Cello), Evgeni Inchagov (Cello), Timofeeva Inga (Violin), Sergo Jalaghania (Viola), Tamar Jeladze (Double Bass), Panjakidze Ketevan (Violin), Medea Kheoshvili (Cello), Nino Kokrashvili (Viola), Lemonjava Konstantin (Violin), Gogitidze Lela (Violin), Sachaleli Lia (Violin), Mikheil Lomidze (Cello), Gogava Maia (Violin), Razmadze Maia (Violin), Natsvlishvili Maka (Violin), Kasradze Marina (Violin), Niniasgvili Nana (Viola), Chugoshvili-Akhalbedashvili Natela (Violin), Mdinaradze Natia (Violin), Shamugia Nino (Violin), Jack Pinter (Alto Flute, Synthesizer), Nikoloz Rachveli (Conductor), Emre Ramazanoglu (Drums, Percussion), Kajaia Rati (Violin), Narchemashvili Sophio (Violin), Serafina Steer Harp), Jaiani Teimuraz (Violin), Anastasia Tsereteli (Cello) and Teona Tsiramua (Conductor).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this Wednesday morning with Katie and she is sounding sublime! …the album was released this past October and just love it, this is one lovely album.

14 Likes

Bless is a stone-cracker. Gawd, takes me back to buying in Rumbelows when it was released. Hogged the booth for most of side one! Bought it (to the staff relief), loved it…

And on the oldies but goodies slant, the only place I ever remember hearing this lot was on Peelie. Such fun!
Principal Edwards Magic Theatre - The Devon Tapes, found in a murky corner of the charity shop.
Fab!

4 Likes

Sonny Red, Blue Mitchell, Grant Green - Images, Jazzland (Carrere) RE (1984)

Unfortunately Sonny died young aged 48 in 1984 and left only a hand full of releases as a leader between 1958-1971 and not many more as a side man but what he did leave us was top drawer his one and only release for Blue Note - Out of The Blue is up there with Blue Notes best.

Images was one of four releases on Jazzland and is exceptional and well worth taking the time to find.

6 Likes

Some Willie playing Bob Dylan

3 Likes

20 Likes

3 Likes

With the Spuds losing again, there’s all to play for the mighty West Ham!

COYI

Now playing…

Lisa Mills - I’m Changing

Lisa Mills (Acoustic Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocals), Rick Hirsch (Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar), Corky Hughes (Bottleneck Guitar, Electric Slide Guitar, Electric Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Resonator), Ian Jennings (Upright Bass), T.K. Lively (Drums), Britt Meacham (Electric Guitar, Rhythm Guitar), John Milham (Drums), Pat Murphy (Banjo, Vocals), and Jimmy Roebuck (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour with Lisa and she and the band are sounding mighty fine!

11 Likes

As iconic and wonderful as Hot Rats is, the LP that succeeded it just has so much more going on.

Burnt Weeny Sandwich - Frank Zappa/Mothers of Invention

8 Likes

Listened to this earlier today. Erin Moran and Mehdi Zannad - The Last Detail. Erin releases albums under the name, A Girl Called Eddy and anyone who likes those albums will like this collaboration with Mehdi Zannad. Thanks to @AndyP for the tip on this one.

5 Likes

Durand Jones & The Indications - American Love Call. I’ve been meaning to get this for ages and I’m glad I did as it’s a lovely soul album. It’s been recommended quite a bit on this thread in the past by various members.

8 Likes

Fink always seems to pare things down and get to the heart of a song. An artist I’ve only come to fairly recently but better late than never because he is a quality musician.

8 Likes

You missed Modern World… or was that deliberate?

Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - Sex & Jazz & Rock & Roll, which includes amongst other delights, a vocal from Eddie Reader and a trombone solo from ska legend Rico Rodriquez.

5 Likes

Not my favourite of theirs.

Rhapsody in Blue. It might be an old recording (1959) but it sounds incredible. On QoBuz.

7 Likes

That’s what I meant!

Charlie-Sexton & Shannon McNally – Southside Sessions

Wonderful combination

6 Likes