What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Haven’t listened to this in ages, in fact I have probably had two system upgrades since (Fraim and PS555), so thought I would give it a listen….beautiful record, vocal and the organ just gives me goosebumps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

And then… this. :wink:

24 Likes

Bob Dylan - Shot Of Love.

Album 21 on this Dylan journey of mine. Number 3 of his trilogy of “born again” albums. Religious undertones aside, this is a bit of a shopwindow of his vocal styles past and future, and with the benefit of hindsight, it’s actually quite an interesting album.

4 Likes

LP - Universal Music 2014 : )

<>

Haven’t played this since the Karousel upgrade about a year ago, and now it sounds even better than how i heard it before, it’s incredible to think that was even possible! :grinning:

16 Likes

After a successful and enjoyable first listen to Jose Cid -

Started a space / SciFi theme for the evening listening session. This one, again on a theme of planetary destruction, this time by the computers designed to help ‘humanity’.

Ayreon - The Source

As with every Ayreon album, it is a concept album with each character being portrayed by one singer.
In The Source, the Alphans, ancestors of humanity, try to prevent the extinction of their race from machines who took control of the entire planet Alpha, by sending a select few Alphans into space so they can attempt to start anew on a distant world.

In the typical style of the project, the album features several guest singers to portray the characters across the album; although Lucassen usually prefers to work only once with each singer in Ayreon, he mostly cast returning performers for The Source, including

Vocalists(The Source (Ayreon album) - Wikipedia)

3 Likes

Sting - Brand New Day.

11 Likes

Moving on from Ayreon and back into the mists of time…

image|316x31s6

Hawkwind - In the Hall of the Mountain Grill.

The fourth Studio album

The album’s title was a nod to Edvard Grieg’s “In the Hall of the Mountain King” and to a Portobello Road cafe called The Mountain Grill (now closed), frequented by the band in the early 1970s. The cover of a derelict spaceship in the mists of an alien lagoon was painted by the band’s regular artistic collaborator, Barney Bubbles. The rear cover was by space artist David A. Hardy.[5]

The record featured hard rockers like “The Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in Smoke)” and “Lost Johnny” (subsequently recorded by bassist Lemmy’s post-Hawkwind band Motörhead and also by co-writer Mick Farren with his band The Deviants), psychedelia such as the heavily phased “D-Rider” and “Web Weaver”, as well as quieter atmospheric numbers like the instrumentals “Goat Willow”, “Wind of Change” and the title track. Side two of the original vinyl LP was bookended by “You’d Better Believe It” and “Paradox”, live tracks recorded at the Edmonton Sundown in January 1974, that recalled the ‘space jams’ of earlier releases.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Rag’n’Bone Man - Life By Misadventure

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… this album released on May 6th has been mentioned a few times on the thread and placed in the queue and now, finally, taking out for a spin. Rory is sounding mighty sweet on the opening couple of tracks and looking forward to the rest of the album!

12 Likes

New Order - Low Life. Not listened to this in ages and, to be honest, I’d forgot how good it is. On first press vinyl.

11 Likes

Very mellow and rather lovely.

3 Likes

I forgotten just how good this three piece band is…

16 Likes

Don Henley - Actual Miles: Henley’s Greatest Hits, a not too shabby solo career during the Eagles sabbatical.

7 Likes

Edsel vinyl from the mid 1980s. (this is Sly & The Family Stone’s There’s A Riot Goin’ On, in case you don’t recognise the cover).

9 Likes

Now playing…

Rag’n’Bone Man - Human

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon as I start up today’s exercise routine with another album from Rory with his 2017 release and he is sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Thank you @Alley_Cat . May not be available in my region but I will check (again)!

Last for tonight

2 Likes

Loving both of these new releases today.

1 Like

All New Orders releases on Vinyl sounded amazing. In fact most of Factory records vinyls are mastered well in the eighties, have some Duritti Column and they sound phenomanal.

1 Like

Love it… just watched Christopher Petit’s film Radio On and inspired me to listen to this great atmospheric album.

9 Likes

Their first 4 albums are all brilliant in my opinion and some of the best electronic music made during the early eighties, so much more than the famous singles. Dazzle Ships their 4th divided the fan base and bombed but its so ahead of its time, they stopped being as adventourous after that and became far less interesing and more a singles band.

You now sowed a seed so it had to be played.

6 Likes