What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Elvis at Stax

4 Likes

After recently replaying In The Basement (their second and as far as I know, sadly last album), I went digging through the CD cases to find their first:

The Pharoahs Awakening
A fantasy gig of mine is to have seen Pharoahs and Art Ensemble of Chicago on the same bill. Sigh.
Still, I can imagine…

2 Likes

11 Likes

Very early 1980s vinyl. My favourite Temps album – Norman Whitfield at the controls, songs by Isaac Hayes, loads of wah-wah guitar, black consciousness, those voices…

What’s not to like?

17 Likes

Awesome…long version of Papa was a Rolling Stone

2 Likes

Have a listen. Probably my most played track this past 2 years… sublime to these ears.

2 Likes

Top geezer Jah Wobble he of the deep dub bass Everything is Nothing on 2016 ripped cd via portable hires player. Great beats and brass for a Sunday arvo.

5 Likes

Listening to our final game of the season on TalkSport 2:

3 Likes

The Beatles Let It Be

16 Likes

Now playing

John Hiatt - Leftover Feelings

Hiatt as I like him. Great songs just accompinied by Jerry Douglas on dobro and his fine band. No drums! Sounds great. Best are the slow ballads like “Light of the burning sun”.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Youn Sun Nah - Same Girl

Youn Sun Nah (Kalimba, Kazoo, Music Box, Vocals), Roland Brival (Narrator), Lars Danielsson (Acoustic Bass, Cello), Xavier Desandre Navarre (Percussion) and Ulf Wakenius (Guitars).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Youn Sun Nah and she and the band and they are sounding sublime!

9 Likes

Compilation of Bacharach and David hits. Vinyl. Some great songs imho.

5 Likes

And looking good for Europa next season

1 Like

John McLaughlin - Thieves and Poets

6 Likes

As mentioned by @AndyP lovely vocals and guitar of Marc Ribot

5 Likes

Judging by this track from his new album and recent albums he is on a roll after some very mixed years

6 Likes

Barclay James Harvest | Once Again | 1971
Good old melodic progressive rock from BJH, this is the well remastered 40th Anniversary edition with bonuses and a DVD. I haven’t seen if there is going to be a 50th Anniversary but imagine that there will be…

10 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, Gazza. I think his last few albums have been pretty good…

1 Like

On CD:-

St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home

10 Likes

Just been introduced to this by my bezzie @Endon who has been down to stay for the weekend. The track ‘Don’t fade on me’ is just sublime

20 Likes