What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Yep very impressive after years of almost nothing?

2 Likes

Now playing

Po’ Girl’s Allison Russel’s dolo debut. Heartbreaking lyrics about her child abuse by her adoptive father.
Listen to “Persephone”

2 Likes

Something a bit brighter for a dull day.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Ziggy Alberts - Four Feet In The Forest

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I placed this in the queue the other day after listening to a track from ‘The Bristol Hi-FI Show 2020’ playlist and Ziggy is sounding mighty fine! …quite enjoyable.

1 Like

Rush - Hemispheres.

12 Likes

A really good album imho.

1 Like

Now playing…

David Crosby - Lighthouse

David Crosby (12 String Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Vocals), Cory Henry (Organ), Bill Laurance (Piano), Michael League (Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass, Double Bass, 12 String Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Vocals), Becca Stevens (Vocals) and Michelle Willis (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this morning with David’s 2016 release and sounding mellow and peaceful on this gray, foggy and cool Sunday morning. Enjoy the peace and solitude…

11 Likes

Wayne Shorter Speak No Evil / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349900127

12 Likes

Badfinger - The Best Of

Very underrated band and a victim of bad / corrupt management.

9 Likes

I will open this with the statement I love Mahler

Unfortunately no matter how many times I tried in the past, I just can’t connect with Das Lied… no matter which orchestra / Conductor combination.

Will give this one a go it’s been a few years since I last tried.

1 Like

John McLaughlin - The Heart of Things

2 Likes

It is and stood the test of time. Still sounds very relevant and not dated at all.

1 Like

As recommended on t’other thread.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Joe Jackson - Look Sharp.

18 Likes

Albinoni, Pachelbel etc. CD. I enjoy this and for some reason it only gets played on a Sunday evening.

albinoni-adagio-pachelbel-canon-scottish-ensemble-jonathan-rees-cd (1)

5 Likes

For stray cat fans

1 Like

Should play this more than I do

2 Likes

14 Likes

Now playing…

Diana Panton - Solstice/Equinox

Diana Panton (Vocals), Don Thompson (Bass, Piano, Vibraphone), Guido Basso (Cornet, Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Reg Schwager (Guitar) and Phil Dwyer (Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour on this lazy Sunday with Diana and she and the quintet are sounding mighty fine!

2 Likes