What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Chrissie Hynde - Standing in the Doorway: Chrissie Hynde Sings Bob Dylan

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Monday morning and sharing some love for Bob with this new album released May 20th by Chrissie Hynde. The album was ecorded last year during lockdown by Hynde and her Pretenders bandmate, James Walbourne. Anyway the opening track is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album!

8 Likes

Mark Knopfler - The Ragpicker’s Dream

Prompted by an earlier posting of this.

Great songs!

14 Likes

Just loving this album……

5 Likes

Little Jimmy | Blues Rebel | 2019
This was to be the last of the very few solo albums that Don Croissant (cough) made before he died last year. In the sixties he played with Little Jimmy And The Sharks as support act to the Rolling Stones and The Who. You’ve gotta luv a tryer.

2 Likes

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Definitely (one of) Miles’s finest hour(s)!

20 Likes

Well everyone else is…

22 Likes

My best sounding version. Sundazed blue vinyl

16 Likes

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

My most played album in the last 12 months

Simply Superb

8 Likes

Into the evening wiv a bit ov jumpin’ abaht…
MATM Three Men and a Baby

Loud and a hoot, is all!

2 Likes

Cory Hanson, Pale Horse Rider - well worth checking out if you like a bit of Americana

1 Like

Blues man Johnny Guitar Watson changed direction into funkateer in 1976 with

Ain’t That A Bitch

20210524_185428

A series of funk albums for DJM records followed including the 1977 follow up

A Real Mother For Ya
20210524_185406
These two being his best imo
:heart:

9 Likes

21 Likes

:joy:

Now playing…

Robert Finley - Sharecropper’s Son

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this morning with this new release, May 20th, from Robert Finley and he is sounding sweet!

7 Likes

1977 compilation/re issue of earlier JGW, interesting sleeve note

:heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this SK. i was not aware of the release, looking forward to hearing it. Jeff A

1 Like

happy birthday to Bob Dylan

5 Likes

I have a very early copy but alas it is post airbrush. Great album and one of my favourites. I grew up with early Bowie and for me Diamond Dogs was the last of that magnificent era. To me (my personal taste) his style change after DD didn’t just hit that sweet spot for me.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Gary Numan - Intruder

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with Gary’s latest release, May 20th, and he is sounding mighty sweet! I don’t think I have played one of his album in quite a while and will have to take ‘Savage’ out for a spin in the near future as well.

10 Likes

Love BD to bits but anyone who has seen him in recent years might enjoy this:

5 Likes