What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

2 Likes

Double vinyl:

17 Likes

Not played this in soo long……some little treasures on here

5 Likes

With you on that. Found the album on Bandcamp a couple of days ago. Wonderful smokey blues.

On the purchase list.

I set my entire ripped Bob collection on Roon random play on Saturday and let it play most of the weekend, so needed a quality diversion.

Bonus disc from Stanley Road reissue.

13 Likes

Now playing…

John Hiatt with The Jerry Douglas Band – Leftover Feelings

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking this new album, John’s latestest release, May 20th, out for a second spin. I enjoyed the first listen and he and the band are still sounding sublime!

8 Likes

Strata
Skúli Sverrisson - Electric & Acoustic Bass Guitar
Bill Frisell - Electric & Acoustic Guitar

Annette Peacock - The Perfect Release
Bowie - The Metrobolist

Vinyl

5 Likes

Listened earlier this evening to Andy Kershaw’s 50th anniversary of H61R.

https://andykershaw.co.uk/highway-61-fifty-years-on/

Hard to believe he was only 24. Of course that might also be the reason.

.sjb

10 Likes

Perfect Release eh?

Superb! Enjoy. You’ve heard her others?

Metrobolist is pretty good too, though I’ve yet to do a side by side with my old copy & maybe sounds so good in it’s own right, it’s unnecessary.
I know @TheKevster loves it.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Skúli Sverrisson with Bill Frisell - Strata

Skúli Sverrisson (Electric and Acoustic Bass) and Bill Frisell (Electric and Acoustic Guitars).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… a mention from @narcom above had me take a look at this album and read a review on ‘All About Jazz’ and ‘Audiophile Audition’ website and it looked very interesting so now taking out for a spin…
…and the opening track is sounding sweet! Looking forward to the rest of the album.

2 Likes

Fancy a bit of the old sounding Hammond organ. Nice smooth jazz from '71

3 Likes

If you like this try his earlier albums.

1 Like

12 Likes

15 Likes

Yeah it’s just been reissued on Vinyl by Sundazed. I enjoyed it. I’ve got a few of her other albums and I would say this is quite accessible compared to the others.

Regarding Metrobolist I really like it. I’ve not compared it directly to my old RCA copy but it’s definitely different.

3 Likes

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways - WAV CD rip
Happy Birthday Bob, a listen to his latest, and it is really a belter for me, one of his best.

19 Likes

A MOFI Gain2 double 45rpm disc:

21 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Returnings

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Palle Mikkelborg (Trumpet, Flugelhorn), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobus (96/24)… continuing on with Jakob this afternoon while doing today’s exercise routine and this quartet is pure joy and the music is smooth as silk. A perfect follow up album after listening to Skúli Sverrisson with Bill Frisell ‘Strata’ album. Jakob and his quartet are sounding sublime!

3 Likes

What a lovely voice. Tried a bit too hard perhaps on Anyone.

The title track ought to be a Bond theme.

2 Likes