What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Giving this a try

79800-3c14fbb8c9e87f4b391594fe00671e6b

Gary Numan - Intruder

Did I enjoy it - Yes
Would I listen to it again - Possibly
Would I buy it - No

4 Likes

Yes you guys may get a snap short lockdown, best you stock up on fantails. :rofl:

1 Like

I work with some councils, schools, opera companies, etc all badly affected since early last year. Many have been getting financial support from government to stay afloat and many are attended by senior folks. Things are just starting to pick up again. Anyway, fingers crossed it will blow over soon.

1 Like

Take care, wish all this sht was history.

3 Likes

Goldfrapp, seventh tree. She has something that suits every occasion! :relaxed:

13 Likes

Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat

20 Likes

R Plus, the last summer. Picking up the tempo very nicely! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Eliza Gilkyson - 2020
Enjoying this quite a bit. Can’t see a vinyl release so got the 24/96 Flac

5 Likes

The Wild Dogs cry out in the night…

(They’re called dogs , but are actually wolves) (Saw a hunt in South Africa from start to finish)

Or this edition

And yes that is £1399 for one disc

1 Like

Afraid not, mines the remixed deluxe $32 kind. :grin:

2 Likes

Buddy Holly

12 Likes

My last for the day, The Necks Aquatic

4 Likes

14 Likes

Amidst the love for Bob Dylan…
Some Pete Seeger - American Industrial Ballads
20210525_132816

AllMusic Review by William Ruhlmann

Pete Seeger presents a history of the Industrial Revolution and its impact on working people on American Industrial Ballads, a collection of 24 songs (over half of them shorter than two minutes each) sequenced in chronological order by date of composition, to the extent that this can be determined, from the early-1800s appearance of “Peg and Awl,” in which a worker struggles to keep up with a machine, to songs written by Woody Guthrie and Les Rice in the 1940s. Only a couple of songs are well known, and those don’t fit the concept perfectly. “The Buffalo Skinners,” an account of cowboys who kill their overseer after he refuses to pay them, and “Casey Jones,” the famous tale of a train wreck, are both somewhat tangential to industrial concerns, though they do fit themes heard throughout the album: first, employers’ abuse of workers, who then must fight back (although usually by starting unions and going out on strike); and second, the relationship between an individual worker and the system of machinery he encounters. As the album goes on, the workers’ complaints about ill treatment and low pay become more extreme, and eventually the need for unions to represent them seems overwhelming. Even then, the bosses respond with violence, as Seeger documents in such songs as Jim Garland’s “The Death of Harry Simms” and Della Mae Graham’s “Ballad of Barney Graham,” both true stories of murdered union men. Accompanying himself mostly on banjo and sometimes guitar, Seeger presents the songs straightforwardly with only occasional flourishes, intent on getting the meanings across, although occasionally his desire to lead singalongs comes out, such as in “Raggedy,” when he provides cues to sing each verse, even though he’s performing alone in a recording studio. Many of these songs are too harrowing to sing along to, though. Taken together, they chronicle a century and a half of the efforts of farmers, textile workers, and miners, primarily, to get what they deserve from increasingly rich and powerful captains of industry.
:heart:

8 Likes

Rolling Stones - Blue & Lonesome

21 Likes

Elvis Presley

13 Likes

Dire Straits, brothers in arms. :sunglasses:

20 Likes

Rod Stewart - An Old Raincoat Won’t Ever Let You Down

15 Likes

Playing disc 2 (ripped) of this brilliant compilation.

Long Hot Summers - The Style Council

5 Likes