What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Absolutely, in a nutshell. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thirded. The Lost Tapes set is pretty darn cool.

2 Likes

Well, I certainly enjoyed it and will be trying some more of their early stuff.

Sabrina Malheiros Clareia / 2017 Far Out / UK CD / FARO199CD

Second play of this newly arrived CD by the daughter of Azymuth’s Alex Malheiros.

2 Likes

This is a lovely album. If you like contemporary folk you should try it. It’s available on Bandcamp. And we have them in Emsworth next year.

3 Likes

My favorite new rock album in several years

3 Likes

Trying out another Pristine XR remaster and really liking the job done by Andrew Rose on this classic.

6 Likes

Not played in a while, just lovely

3 Likes

LP - Columbia 1974 : )

Produced by Maurice White for Earth, Wind and Fire Productions :+1:

4 Likes

Day 4.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Souvenance: Music for Oud, Quartet and String Orchestra

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano), Klaus Gesing (Bass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass) and Pietro Mianiti (Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… about to begin today’s exercise routine and continuing on into the early afternoon hour with one of my favorite albums from Anouar. It is simply a beautiful album and I do love this album and it is sounding sublime!

5 Likes

15 Likes

Stones - Exile

Vinyl.

Couple of times a year, you have just got to get this out, yeah?!

10 Likes

Disc 2 of this fabulous 3-CD set. are-changing swing.

10 Likes

On vinyl, I think this may be better than the hi-res download.

This is the black vinyl version, also ordered but haven’t opened the Amazon silver vinyl version below:

7 Likes

José Cid - 10,000 Anos Depois Entre Vénus E Marte - WAV CD rip
1st listen to this CD which arrived today (and I’m actually listening to it for a second time). A Portuguese prog-rock concept album, it’s superb. Keyboard led heavily textured prog, I get Moody Blues and Gabriel-era Genesis vibes, nice choral vocal harmonies, not that easy to track down, my CD came from Portugal, but well worth it. I might try to find an English translation of the lyrics, but between Cardoso’s summary of the concept when he played it a few days ago, the track titles and the music itself the meaning comes through. Thanks @anon29651526 for the tip, this is great music.

5 Likes

As recommended by a fellow member, this album has to be one of the most accessible, mellow and toe tapping delights you can own in ones catalogue.

8 Likes

Interestingly on the 2nd track when it gets going and there’s an ‘Eastern feel’ I felt the hi-res Qobuz download distorted, the LP doesn’t.

2 Likes

Thanks @TheKevster! Listening to Erykah Badu, baduizm. Very enjoyable indeed for a Friday morning! Beautiful jazz combined with hip-hop. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Thank you for the kind words.
And the feedback. :sunglasses:

If you want, I can give you others ( top 5 ) Portuguese albuns.

1 Like