What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Great young talent, have a listen

David Bowie - Width of a Circle
Postman has just delivered the cd’s, having a first listen.

7 Likes

It’s under the name of Dave Holland, but perhaps Kevin Eubank should be mentioned as main artist…

4 Likes

Aka Marcy Levy she has a long history of songwriting including some tracks with Eric Clapton on slowhand, great voice

2 Likes

Peter Gabriel So.

22 Likes

Larkin Poe, self made man. Working tonight and I can use a little more energy. :wink:

6 Likes

First run…

2 Likes

First outing for this newly-arrived double-CD set from The Dame.

9 Likes

Trying for a Cuban vibe in sunny N. Yorks

Buena Vista Social Club :sunglasses:

21 Likes

Julia Stone, sixty summers. Lively beats!

3 Likes

Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here

28 Likes

11 Likes

It’s interesting to hear other takes on the streaming services and SQ.

I too have had Tidal & Qobuz, (and Spotify until two years ago) and there’s no doubt to my mind/ears, that Qobuz sounds better, generally, and most often over Tidal.

The mastering seems to be the crucial factor more than the bit and sampling numbers. A poorly mastered 24/192 file is trumped by a well transferred CD quality or even 320kbps file.

All that said, I’ll be interested to listen to AM, if and when my gear can access its CD and above streams.

I had a Node 2i, and though its now moved on, I’d rate it very highly as transport into a good DAC, for example the Qutest or RME or above.

(Not listening to anything this morning as my house is full of prospective buyers, on and off all day, here in very sunny Yorks. Also, I’m awaiting imminent delivery of a new toy, the KEF KC62 sub!)

2 Likes

Blackberry Smoke - You Hear Georgia
Great Southern Rock album

5 Likes

Van Weezer, Weezer. More lively beats. :relaxed:

1 Like

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St.

19 Likes

The Moody Blues Long Distance Voyager

8 Likes

Imelda May, tribal. Haven’t tried this before. Now is the time! Fantastic! :+1:

6 Likes

Phil Collins - But Seriously, some great musicianship on show, especially the EW&F horns.

14 Likes

Yello Toy! :sunglasses:

14 Likes