What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

My bargain of the year, on vinyl… :grin: :notes: :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel’s - Greatest Hits
Nice comp
On White Vinyl

22 Likes

Claude Achille Debussy, Piano Works vol. 2. Jean-Efflam Bavouzet, piano. Chandos CD.

Not much time to listen to music these days, and this is the first serious listening session in weeks it seems.

Nothing better than Debussy’s piano music to start the day, and nobody better than Bavouzet to play it.

This 2007 recording sounds so good that a few years ago when a visitor came he was certain we had a piano. He was bewildered when he saw the then Naim / Sonus Faber system instead of a live instrument. That man’s wife is a piano teacher and she gives lessons at home, so our visitor knows perfectly well how a real piano sounds. Seeing his face as he entered the room was priceless.

JeanEfflamBavouzetDebussy22203_f

Claude

8 Likes

First play…
Steven Wilson - 12 Things I Forgot, maxi single, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Paul Rodgers - Muddy Water Blues.

17 Likes

Local lad made good! :joy:

1 Like

He certainly did Dave and is the best of a decent local trio, with Chris Rea and David Coverdale being the other two. Not bad for " a small town in Europe ", as we used to sing at the UEFA cup matches :grinning:

1 Like

One of the great British soul voices, along with my hometown boy, Frankie Miller. :+1:

Edit: Growing up supporting “the other” hometown footy team, Partick Thistle Nil, I never got the opportunity to sing at European matches. :pensive:

2 Likes

Caoilfhionn Rose ‎– Awaken
CD|2018

2 Likes

Goldfrapp, systemagic (remixes). Work almost done so this ultra short but exciting album. :sunglasses:

Going to bed right after this! :blush:

5 Likes

Can’t beat a bit of " Darlin’ ", but I am surprised Partick never played in Europe during your time at home.

1 Like

Counting Crows - Butter Miracle Suite One
Stunning new piece of work, the first in 7 years, unfortunately it’s a bit short at only 18 minutes,

3 Likes

Bob Dylan - Desire
On Vinyl

16 Likes

In the need of something calm and reflective on what has turned into a crap day, my partner’s daughter passed away with cancer this morning. So Mary is doing a good job in lifting her spirits:

20 Likes

So sorry to hear Graham. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Another cracking album from The Pineapple Thief…
On vinyl… :grin: :notes: :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Best wishes Graham, sorry for your loss.

1 Like

What better way to celebrate a glorious day than the joyous music of Brotherhood of Breath. On RCA Neon vinyl.

Until reading Richard Thompson’s biog I hadn’t appreciated they were on the Witchseason roster and once attempted to record with Fairport - doesn’t sound like it went well tho.

2 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Revelator, too long since I listened to “Midnight In Harlem”, so putting that right.

13 Likes

Michael Stanley - “Shadowland” (2009) The picture is Michael’s son-in-law holding Michael’s new grandson at the time.

1 Like