What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

So sorry to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care.

1 Like

Sorry to hear Graham. Best wishes.

1 Like

More Caoilfhionn Rose. Her second album, Truly.

CD|2021

4 Likes

John Fogerty - Centerfield
On Vinyl

8 Likes

Paul Simon- Still Crazy After All These Years (MOFI sacd).
Just listening to the sacd layer. The SQ on this album is amazing. The vinyl version (on 2x 45 rpm lp’s) is going to struggle to improve on this.

8 Likes

CD. The Oppo 205 is a pretty amazing universal disc player, but sticking a Chord Hugo 2 on it improves it, better bass, more detail and soundstage. And, most importantly, better boogie factor. So the Frapp are sounding more Frappy than ever, somerthing which makes me very happy.

18 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - Concert in Athens

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Kim Kashkashian (Viola), Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Camerata Orchestra: Alexandros Myrat, Sergiu Nastasa (Violin), Stella Gadedi (Flute), Marie-Cécile Boulard (Clarinet), Sonia Pisk (Bassoon), Vangelis Skouras (French Horn), Maria Bildea (Harp), Dinos Hadjiiordanou (Accordion) and Aris Dimitriadis (Mandolin).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… Kicking off this Saturday morning with Eleni’s album ‘Concert in Athens’ and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! This is one very sweet album…

2 Likes

And the Duke and the Hawk have been enhanced by the Hugo too…

11 Likes

Michael Stanley - “The Hang” (2012) From 2012-2014, Michael released an album each year and in 2014 also released a compilation "The Solo Years 1995-2014.

1 Like

Graham, I can not begin to imagine how someone copes with the loss of a child. Sending along my condolences along with a prayer for all of you.

1 Like

The Beatles - White Album, Giles Martin remaster from 2018. After repeated listening, I’ve come to love the Esher demos as much as the original album itself. Sublime.

17 Likes

May Blitz | 1970
Their eponymous debut with some decent hard and progressive rock. Unfortunately they only made two albums but this was a decent start.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ve made a duff one @apye

1 Like

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss @GrahamK, I can not even imagine how hard this must be for your partner and yourself. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

1 Like

Afternoon spoken for with this 4 CD set.

Grateful Dead - Dave’s Picks Volume 36
Hartford Civic Center, Hartford, CT 3/26/87 & 3/27/87
HDCD

8 Likes

11 Likes

On Vinyl:-

Tom Waits - Mule Variations

15 Likes

Getting my funk on…

Relaxing into an evening after a day of dissertation writing.

Wine will follow shortly. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Now playing…

David Gray - Skellig

David Gray (Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Caroline Dale (Cello, Vocals), Ben De Vries (Percussion, Piano, Vocals), Niamh Farrell (Vocals), David Kitt (Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Robbie Malone (Bass, Percussion, Vocals), Mossy Nolan (Vocals) and Keith Prior (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with David’s latest release and he and the band are sounding sublime! It sounds better with each and every spin…

7 Likes

Neneh Cherry - Raw Like Sushi. Back to the late 80s, and what a tremendous debut album this was.

5 Likes