What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Lucinda Williams | Runnin’ Down A Dream: A Tribute To Tom Petty | 2020
Lucinda doing a heartfelt and great job of paying tribute to the man. I love the clever album cover that leaves you in no doubt.

15 Likes

Sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your partners family.

1 Like

Now playing…

Laura Marling - Semper Femina

Streaming on Qobuz 44.1/24)… I played Laura’s most recent album yesterday so continuing on this morning with ‘Semper Femina’ and she is sounding mighty fine!

9 Likes

Now playing

download.jpeg-1

The Deep Dark Woods - Changing Faces

Alt country from Canada.

2 Likes

Mr Strait is sounding rather good tonight.

3 Likes

The Soul of John Black - Early in the Moanin’. Funky soul blues.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you and your partner.

1 Like

Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues.

20 Likes

1 Like

Now playing…

Nick Cave Alone at Alexandra Palace - Idiot Prayer

Nick Cave (Vocals, Piano)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Saturday afternoon through the noon hour with Nick’s latest album released this past November 19th and the Nick is sounding superb!

10 Likes

Yello - Point. Latest from Dieter & Boris, and is easily as good as, if not better than Toy.

15 Likes

LP - CBS 1976 : )

Ramsey Lewis – piano
Derf Reklaw Raheem – flute, percussion, vocals
Jimmy Bryant – clavinet
Byron Gregory – guitar
Ron Harris – bass guitar
Steve Cobb – drums, vocals
Tang – vocals
Ndugu Leon Chancler - drums (on “Slick” only)

Recorded at Wally Heider Recording, Burbank Studios, Los Angeles, California 1975-76

3 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Soul To Soul.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Courtney Marie Andrews - No One’s Slate is Clean

Courtney Marie Andrews (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals, Synthesizer), Ethan McCracken (Electric Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Tim Mechling (Piano, Rrhodes, Organ), Alex Stoops Sabel (Bass), Luke Knezevich (Drums, Percussion), Chris Testa (Percussion), Patrick Austin (Violin), Jared MacFarlane (Violin), Clifton P. Antoine (Viola) and Brad Hawkins (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Courtney and she and the band are sounding sweet!

6 Likes

Seal.

10 Likes

Rumer, Nashville Tears. Said I was going to play this yesterday but didn’t get to do so. Well at least it’s within 24 hours. It’s 1 degree Celsius in Melbourne right now, it might just warm me up a little bit. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Chuckles’ last album with the Floyd. Not well regarded in some quarters, and probably the least “Pink Floyd sounding” of all the Pink Floyd records – but still a bazillion times better than the records that followed it. I like the strand about the betrayal of the post-war settlement. For an album released in 1983, it’s proved remarkably prescient. An incredible recording, probably one of the last great analogue recordings.

This is the 2011 CD remaster.

18 Likes

22 Likes

Another of Guthrie’s 2011 CD remasters, going all the way back to '68:

21 Likes