What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. After being totally smitten by Rumer, it’s too hard to turn back. Here’s another smooth one. More tracks about being called. I must have telephonophobia. :rofl:

14 Likes

Humm, is that you or the Yamazaki talking, Kev?:sunglasses:

Now playing…

Sarah Jarosz - World On The Ground

Sarah Jarosz (Bouzouki, Claw Hammer Banjo, Guitar, Mandolin, Octave Mandolin, Vocals), Christopher Cardona (Viola), Dennis Collins (Vocal Harmony), Dave Eggar (Cello), Curtis King (Vocal Harmony), Katie Kresek (Violin), John Leventhal (Autoharp, Bass, Drums, Guitar, Keyboards, Marxophone, Percussion, Vocal Harmony), Shawn Pelton (Drums), Catherine Russell (Vocal Harmony) and Katie Thomas (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon and selecting a fine album from Sarah and she is sounding sublime! A beautiful voice and a lovely album…

7 Likes

9 Likes

We’ve got bricks, and by God we’re going to use them…

31 Likes

Shelby Lynne, suit yourself. Just go with it: Keep doing it until we get it right! :+1:

10 Likes

Uhm…latest album???
Nick and Warren Ellis also realesed Carnage this year’s February if I am not mistaken.:wink:
Also sounds superb,Albuquerque is my favourite.

1 Like

That’s just a Cave album and him and Ellis mainly work on soundtracks apart from Grinderman and/or with The Bad Seeds.
The Player is Cave’s last album as a solo artist.

1 Like

Now playing…

k.d. lang - Ingénue (25th anniversary edition)

k.d. lang (Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Tamboura, Vocals), Teddy Borowiecki (Accordion, Keyboards, Piano, Santur, Vibraphone), Graham Boyle (Drums, Percussion, Tambourine, Timpani), Gary Burton (Marimba, Vibraphone), Anna Cholakian (Cello), Sal Ferreras (Percussion), Ingrid Friesen (Pizzicato), John Friesen (Cello), Linda Kidder (Percussion, Vocals), Martin Laba (Pizzicato), Greg Leisz (Dobro, Lap Steel Guitar, Mandolin, Pedal Steel Guitar, Weissenborn), Mike Lent (Acoustic Bass), Sue Leonard (Percussion, Vocals), Ben Mink (Bass, Acoustic, Guitar, Electric Guitar, String Arrangements, Viola, Violin), David Piltch (Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass, Fretless Bass), Scott Rawls (Cello), Myron Schultz (Clarinet), Victor Schultz (Violin), David Sinclair (Guitar), Randall Stoll (Drums) and Rosel Zech (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the fabulous 25th Anniversary edition of k. d. lang’s ingénue and she and this talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! One very fine and beautiful album…

12 Likes

Love this album. Heavy and atmospheric, melodic and thudding, loud and soft (a bit!)
Just beautiful

Isis Oceanic - another desert island disc.
I have the CD and LP, this is obviously the latter!

3 Likes

Okay.
If you put that way,agreed.:wink:

…after doing a search I found the album and will place it in the queue so I can take it out for a future spin! Thanks for pointing it out, I missed it completely…

1 Like

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall - Sending My Love (Special Edition)

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet ), Gavin Barras (Double Bass), Jon Thorne (Double Bass), Gaz Hughes (Drums), Roger Wickham (Flute, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Adam Fairhall (Piano) and Nat Birchall (Soprano Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the evening hour with Matthew and this talented group of musicians and they are sounding absolutely sublime! One very fine album…

9 Likes

Hope you like it.
If you like his “The Boatman’s Call” I think you will.
Personally I like his albums similar like that the most. But that’s just my personal opinion. :wink:

1 Like

You’ll enjoy this:

1 Like

Texas, Hi! Skipped last two tracks (sleep & track 12) of Shelby Lynne suit yourself album before they slow the tempo down completely. Moving to this new lively album from Texas. Nice! :slightly_smiling_face:

Ps I am not being lazy, last track of Shelby Lynne suit yourself is called Track 12.

7 Likes

Yes.
Thanks for that.
Tried some of his albums prior to that like “The Firstborn Is Dead” but did not like it at all and dropped Cave from my watch list.
Stumbled on Boatman a few years later and was hooked. That album is in my top 10 of best albums ever.

1 Like

Lynne Jackaman, one shot. Supernasty. No, it’s quite the opposite! :rofl:

1 Like

And btw,one last remark before I go to sleep,this thread is the best of all on the forum.
Who cares about what cable is the best or how to dress it or whatever .
This thread is about what touches us all,…MUSIC!!!
Little bit drunk now,so of the bed,goodnight and thank you.:wink:

7 Likes